Windows 10: Time Allowance Tracking

Discus and support Time Allowance Tracking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I've seen on many parental controls, that tells the user of the account how much of their time they have used and how much they have left. How... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anonymous Questioner 2306, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Time Allowance Tracking

Hello, I've seen on many parental controls, that tells the user of the account how much of their time they have used and how much they have left. How do I get that to work with the Windows parental controls? I have a Windows 10 Pro. I want the kids that are under parental controls to be able to know this information. They brought this up to me and I figured they were right when saying it wasn't fair that the computer just shuts off just like that without giving them a heads up. We all always lose track of time, so I would like to fix that problem.

Thank you.

:)

Anonymous Questioner 2306, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos

Hi Abielo,

To better assist you about Windows 10 Apps : Photo, Movie and Windows Movie Player does not allow 2 channel audio tracks in videos, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any respond is highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2019
  3. How to track a stolen device

Hi Juland,

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help resolve your issue.

To begin with, I would like to inform that the feature "Find My Device" has some limitations. This is only a device-tracking solution, and it won’t allow you to remotely wipe or lock your PC. You also won’t be able to play an alarm or snap a photo of the
    person using your device with the webcam. It will only show you your device’s location.

As you have stated that the "Find my Device" option is disabled, lets see if we can activate the same via your Microsoft Account. To do so follow the steps below

Step 1: Activate the feature.

1. You’ll log into that Microsoft account from a web browser. The account should be the same as the one used to access the user account.

2. You’ll see a message saying “Find my device is off” if you haven’t enabled it yet. Click the “Change” button to enable this feature. Activate the “Save my device’s location periodically” option when prompted and your Windows 10 PC will regularly and automatically
    send its location to Microsoft. This will allow you to locate your PC even if it isn’t powered-up and online when you go to track it, as you can view the last known location.

Step 2: Track your Device.

• When you want to track your lost device, open a web browser and go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
    • Sign in with the same Microsoft account you used on that Windows 10 PC you want to track.
    • You’ll see a list of devices registered to your Microsoft account. Scroll through the list and look for the device you want to track. You’ll see “Last seen at [time] in [City]” to the right of the device.
    • Click the “Find my device” link and you’ll be able to track the device on a map. If the device is powered on and connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, a wired Ethernet cable, or a cellular data connection, its location will update regularly.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 2, 2019
  4. WebsterDN Win User

Time Allowance Tracking

TRACK LISTS in E51

Hi,

I had created several TRACK LISTS by adding MP3 files one by one and used them for some time. (The MP3 files were stored on a memory card.)

(Media --> Music Player --> Music Library --> Track Lists.)

These personal Track Lists have suddenly disappeared. (I DIDN’T delete them.)

All I see now as Track Lists is “Most played tracks”, “Recent Tracks” and “Recent Additions”; the Track Lists that I made are not shown

Four Questions:

1. Is there a way to restore the lost Track Lists?

2. How can one create TRACK LISTS and prevent their “disappearance”?

3. Is it possible to COPY PLAYLISTS from Windows Media Player (WMP) to TRACK LISTS in E51?

(The SYNC tool in WMP copies files but does not copy PLAYLISTS.)

4. Is there a shorter method to make a TRACK LIST than by playing MP3 files and adding them one by one to a particular TRACK LIST?

(E.g., I would like to make a TRACK LIST from all the files in a particular File Directory.(

Thank you for your help.

W.

WebsterDN, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Time Allowance Tracking

1. Time Allowance Tracking - Similar Threads - Allowance Tracking

2. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  3. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  4. i used to have a 4 sign in pin , until i downloaded ms teams n allowed the organisation to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used to have a 4 sign in pin , until i downloaded ms teams n allowed the organisation to...: i removed my school email from my personal pc already however it still says that "Your organisation has set the following pin requirements" its very frustrating please help!...
  5. i used to have a 4 sign in pin , until i downloaded ms teams n allowed the organisation to...

i used to have a 4 sign in pin , until i downloaded ms teams n allowed the organisation to...: i removed my school email from my personal pc already however it still says that "Your organisation has set the following pin requirements" its very frustrating please help!...
  6. How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?: In crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-multiplayer-in-safety-settings/ab89b045-0c6e-4567-b5df-950a2f6a7d44
  7. How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?

How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?: In crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-multiplayer-in-safety-settings/ab89b045-0c6e-4567-b5df-950a2f6a7d44
  8. Allow Xbox controller integrated bluetooth to wake PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Xbox controller integrated bluetooth to wake PC: Hi all,I just finished building my first gaming PC Windows 11. I am using an Xbox controller Scuf Instinct as the main instrument in my gaming. One thing I miss about consol gaming is the ability to wake the console with the controller. I seem to be unable to wake the PC from...
  9. Allow Xbox controller integrated bluetooth to wake PC

Allow Xbox controller integrated bluetooth to wake PC: Hi all,I just finished building my first gaming PC Windows 11. I am using an Xbox controller Scuf Instinct as the main instrument in my gaming. One thing I miss about consol gaming is the ability to wake the console with the controller. I seem to be unable to wake the PC from...
  10. Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?: I suddenly am told that I must allow cookies to open certain pages in my online bank account. Why should I allow my bank to track my every move for me to see my own account? This is too much invasion and I do NOT LIKE IT!...