Windows 10: Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST

Discus and support Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My family computer has a bunch of issues. First, the time is always wrong when you boot it up (you have to synchronize it every time you log in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST

My family computer has a bunch of issues.

First, the time is always wrong when you boot it up (you have to synchronize it every time you log in to Windows).

Second, while it doesn't do it all of the time, there are occasions when it won't boot up at all and the screen would flash 'Keyboard Failure', then 'Hard Disk Failure - strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utiliy'. Even though I would press F1 or F2, nothing would happen. I would have to manually reboot the computer a few times until I get it to work again.

The hard drive is fine, according to CrystalDiskInfo.

I already tried replacing the CMOS battery with a brand new one, the problems still remain. BIOS is latest version.

I reckon it might be something with the motherboard, as it once belonged to an old Dell Inspiron 660s unit. My dad bought it online. When it arrived, it was missing a heatsink.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jul 11, 2017
  2. Owen] Win User

Time always wrong

It almost worked, except a second later it went back to the wrong time.

Owen], Jul 11, 2017
  3. Time always wrong

Using the administrator's way to set the time might throw some light on the issue:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type the letters cmd.exe
    • Right-click the window that appears at the top, then left-click Run as Administrator. You will get a black window.
    • Set the time with this command and press Enter:

time 21:55

(for example)

Frederik Long, Jul 11, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST

Try a fresh new CMOS battery, and in the Bios set it to Default settings.
    If you still have problems, go to the Dell Drivers site, Support for Inspiron 660s | Drivers downloads | Dell US
    Download and Flash the Bios.
    If you still have problems, you may have a bad PSU. Try replacing that.
    Restart computer and press F12 and run Diagnostics.

spunk, Jul 11, 2017
  5. damocles Win User
    Be very careful Flashing that bios , only flash the bios as a last resort of if you need to install new hardware - follow the instruction to the letter and never flash within windows.

I thinks it's the coin battery - first port of call.

damocles, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Maybe it's the PSU

djdelarosa25, Jul 14, 2017
  7. I already mentioned that I have replaced the CMOS battery with a brand new one

djdelarosa25, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST

1. Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST - Similar Threads - always wrong sometimes

2. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  5. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  6. Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong: My clock on Windows is always wrong (e.g. Shows 11 instead of 12). Set time automatically is ON, the time zone is set to a correct one, the Internet Time Setting Server is set to time.windows.com (when I click Update Now, it updates it wrong.....any guesses? submitted by...
  7. Password is always wrong first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password is always wrong first time: Every time I boot up my Windows 10 partition, and enter my password, it always says incorrect. This is no exaggeration, EVERY TIME on the first attempt. I even test it, trying to be very very careful, making sure I put in the exact correct password slowly, I'm totally sure I...
  8. System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC: Hi everyone, I have tried dozens of things to fix this with no success, please help if you can! I have an industrial PC (Fitlet2) deployed remotely that I access via Teamviewer. The PC is connected to noise logging hardware, and runs software that records data and serves...
  9. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  10. Windows 10 time zone always wrong.

Windows 10 time zone always wrong.: My pc time is always wrong and i cant change my time zone. I have turned set time zone automatically off and tried several ways to fix it but it still doesn't work. Can i get some help?...