Windows 10: Time and other functions are not working

Discus and support Time and other functions are not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The time works in my PC if I check on the time and date settings. However when I look at the bottom right hand corner it does not move. I noticed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eloisa_goodwin72, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Time and other functions are not working

The time works in my PC if I check on the time and date settings. However when I look at the bottom right hand corner it does not move. I noticed it just today but I dont know when the issue started. Also, other buttons like battery and sound is not clickable as well even restarting the PC does not provide any good result.

:)

eloisa_goodwin72, Nov 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 30, 2022
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 30, 2022
  4. KaikuK Win User

Time and other functions are not working

Time sync not working

Hello,

For some reason time sync is not functioning correctly on my new laptop. I feel like for some reason it has something to do with permissions. So far I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but nothing seems to function. Due to inability to sync the time some
    online games that require timestamp certificates in order to function.

This problem has been ongoing since I took the laptop out of the box, but I briefly managed to somehow fix it. Now the fix doesn't work anymore tho. I will explain this later in more detail.

I've gone through this list How to fix Windows Time service not running on Windows 10/11 which includes

1. Perform SFC and DISM scans
      • These came out clean, no issues
    2. Set the Windows Time Service to automatic
      • This was set on automatic and it says "running" but still the time wont sync"
    3. Make sure that the Local System account starts the Windows Time service
      • I have set this as the local system account and the process starts normally without error messages. I managed to get the sync to work for one day by changing the "Log on" option from local system account to another account. Now it doesn't work anymore for
        some reason.
    4. Register the W32Time file again
      • Did this, No effect
    5. Check the Windows Time Service in the Task Scheduler
      1. Checked this, everything seems to be normal except for the fact that ForceSynchronizeTIme has Unspecified Error (0x80004005) as the last run result. However SynchronizeTIme
    6. Use a different time server
      • When trying to switch servers it gives the error that sync failed because request timed out. Same result for every server.
    7. Force Windows to sync the time
      • Does not work, cmd gives the following message: The computer did not resync because no time data was available.
    8. Use sc triggerinfo command
      • Did not work
    9. Check your motherboard battery
      • Battery is fine, don't think this is the issue since the laptop is brand new

If anyone would have any insights or suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

KaikuK, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Time and other functions are not working

1. Time and other functions are not working - Similar Threads - functions are working

2. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  3. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  4. F1 not working but other Function keys do.

F1 not working but other Function keys do.: I have a ISY IGK-4000 TKL keyboard if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-not-working-but-other-function-keys-do/45c88cc6-c47f-4b84-8486-57bb9a5c6f2d
  5. F1 not working but other Function keys do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F1 not working but other Function keys do.: I have a ISY IGK-4000 TKL keyboard if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-not-working-but-other-function-keys-do/45c88cc6-c47f-4b84-8486-57bb9a5c6f2d
  6. F1 not working but other Function keys do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Time and other functions are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and other functions are not working: The time works in my PC if I check on the time and date settings. However when I look at the bottom right hand corner it does not move. I noticed it just today but I dont know when the issue started. Also, other buttons like battery and sound is not clickable as well even...
  8. Time and other functions are not working

Time and other functions are not working: The time works in my PC if I check on the time and date settings. However when I look at the bottom right hand corner it does not move. I noticed it just today but I dont know when the issue started. Also, other buttons like battery and sound is not clickable as well even...
  9. Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working

Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working: The window start button on the keyboard and on the taskbar are both not working, therefore I am unable to view all of my laptop's apps. Also, all taskbar buttons are not working, including Cortana, search, wifi, notification centre, battery, windows ink workspace, language,...
  10. Brightness and all other function keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and all other function keys not working: Hi, I'd done with dislplay drivers update as well as Microsoft basic display drivers still functions key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-and-all-other-function-keys-not-working/3dca5407-b2ed-4ed5-9036-f4f61860ddb4