Windows 10: Time attributed to challenge

Discus and support Time attributed to challenge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I got mad with what happened in my game 17 of Solitaire event! I pressed the button to start the challenge (the round one in the challenge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kabouki65, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Kabouki65 Win User

Time attributed to challenge

Today I got mad with what happened in my game 17 of Solitaire event!

I pressed the button to start the challenge (the round one in the challenge selection), then an ad came in and in the middle, I realized I had to go out, so I didn't press the actual start button. I closed the Solitaire and the computer. This morning I turned the computer on, went back to the event and actually started challenge 17... when I finished, I got shocked that my time was 11 hours, 11 minutes and some seconds... wow!

I already realized that if I leave a challenge in the middle and close solitaire, the time will still be counting, what I didn't realized is that even before you actually click the final start button, the game is already counting your time. I mean I never suspected this as for instance in Freecell you can take your time to study the deck without the time starting. I really don't understand what happened.

Can anyone explain to me what just happened?

:)

Kabouki65, Sep 1, 2019

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 1, 2019
  3. PC Chang Win User
    The extended attributes are inconsistent.

Windows keeps on telling me to scan drive for error and drive c has been repaired for several time upon windows requirement.

There's only that one message, the extendent attribute not consistent.

System file checker, recovery system, changing sound setting to no sound, resetting my administrator.

PC Chang, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tats_too, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Time attributed to challenge - Similar Threads - attributed challenge

2. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...
  3. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...
  4. With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?: I would like to bulk invite users with attributes for that user. I have been using this bulk invite option from within the Entra/AAD area but would like to be able to provide further attributes. For example, I would like to import using first name, last name, email,...
  5. With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?

With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?: I would like to bulk invite users with attributes for that user. I have been using this bulk invite option from within the Entra/AAD area but would like to be able to provide further attributes. For example, I would like to import using first name, last name, email,...
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  7. File Attributes

File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  8. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  9. How does win 10 control folder attributes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does win 10 control folder attributes?: I was in the process of changing jpgs in the meta data of my mp3 collection. I'd finished several hundred before the updates stopped taking. I tried dropping to dos and used the attribute -r command to fix this. Although I didn't get an error the change did not take place. In...
  10. How does win 10 control folder attributes?