Windows 10: Time attributed to challenge

Discus and support Time attributed to challenge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I got mad with what happened in my game 17 of Solitaire event! I pressed the button to start the challenge (the round one in the challenge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kabouki65, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Kabouki65 Win User

Time attributed to challenge

Today I got mad with what happened in my game 17 of Solitaire event!

I pressed the button to start the challenge (the round one in the challenge selection), then an ad came in and in the middle, I realized I had to go out, so I didn't press the actual start button. I closed the Solitaire and the computer. This morning I turned the computer on, went back to the event and actually started challenge 17... when I finished, I got shocked that my time was 11 hours, 11 minutes and some seconds... wow!

I already realized that if I leave a challenge in the middle and close solitaire, the time will still be counting, what I didn't realized is that even before you actually click the final start button, the game is already counting your time. I mean I never suspected this as for instance in Freecell you can take your time to study the deck without the time starting. I really don't understand what happened.

Can anyone explain to me what just happened?

:)

Kabouki65, Sep 1, 2019

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 1, 2019
  3. PC Chang Win User
    The extended attributes are inconsistent.

Windows keeps on telling me to scan drive for error and drive c has been repaired for several time upon windows requirement.

There's only that one message, the extendent attribute not consistent.

System file checker, recovery system, changing sound setting to no sound, resetting my administrator.

PC Chang, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tats_too, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Time attributed to challenge - Similar Threads - attributed challenge

2. The Persistence of Folder Attributes

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Persistence of Folder Attributes: [img] I know how to change folder attributes so that's no biggie. I change stupid attributes like #, Title, and Contributing Artists, etc. to more useful ones like Size and Length. [img] [img] However after I've changed all the attribute columns to the ones I want...
  3. My folder's “system attribute” disappears after copying it to USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My folder's “system attribute” disappears after copying it to USB drive: I have a "Desktop.ini" file in an specific folder. I define the folder as a system folder using CMD (attrib +s my_folder) and everything works well. But when I copy the folder to a USB drive, my folder losses its "system" attribute. How can I keep the attribute when copying...
  4. Read-only attribution in Windows 10. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Read-only attribution in Windows 10. Is this normal?: Howdy! So, me and bunch of my friends have a concern about our folders' attributions. [img] - Is it normal to have every single folder of our systems in [img] (Filled in black box) mode by default? - The biggest concern is that whenever we change the "black box mode (...
  5. BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs attributed to ntoskrnl.exe ever since clean reinstallation but only when browsing the...: So it has been a week ever since I had to reinstall Windows after a BIOS update broke my old installation outright. Might as well consider it an upgrade as the broken version was 1803 at the time which I couldn't figure out why it refuses to update to 1903, but that's in the...
  6. Read Only Attribute Windows 10 64 Bit

Read Only Attribute Windows 10 64 Bit: Hi, I have recently been having problems saving some files. I became aware that this was due to the Read Only attribute being set on the folder and files. I have attempted to uncheck the attribute using properties->general. The read only attribute is rechecked when you...
  7. Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.

Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.: I need to know how to fix the issue. The issue is "How do you change the folder's attributes so that it will no longer be "Read Only". I've gone into my PowerShell (Admin) and did the whole "attrib -r +s <drive>:\<folder>" thing -- it didn't work. I need some options....
  8. While trying to add Show Hidden Files attributes to Users folder, the Users folder...

While trying to add Show Hidden Files attributes to Users folder, the Users folder...: I am trying to install a drafting program I purchased online and keep getting a 1305 Error message. While trying to add the 'Show Hidden Files' attribute to the Users folder, I decided to cancel the process as I had selected the 'all subfolders, etc.' option and it was going...
  9. Rules for populating Date attribute of files (e.g., display and sort on Date in Windows...

Rules for populating Date attribute of files (e.g., display and sort on Date in Windows...: The rules populating the Date attribute for files in Windows 10 1809 are not clear and changed substantially between Windows7 and 10. The Windows 10 rule appears to be approximately populate Date from Date Modified (or maybe the later of Date Modified and Date Created)....
  10. how I can add a column (for example, Attributes) through the registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    how I can add a column (for example, Attributes) through the registry: Hello, Everybody! I have a question and I hope that somebody can help me. Is there a way how I can add a column (for example, Attributes) through the registry on a regular basis? I want to make a .bat file which set up only needed columns (Name, Date, Size, Date Created) in...