Windows 10: Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family

Discus and support Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Started happening recently. Every account that I have added as a child, their time is used regardless of being signed in or out, and I can no longer... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KenastonA, Feb 26, 2019.

1. KenastonA Win User

Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family

Started happening recently. Every account that I have added as a child, their time is used regardless of being signed in or out, and I can no longer add time remotely, I have to physically be at the computer to add time.

:)

KenastonA, Feb 26, 2019

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Setting up microsoft accounts for family safety - Windows 10

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but having tried everything you suggested - again. I had tried all these things initially and only raised the question when I ran out of things to try!

I still get the same problem. When attempting to following the steps below, the problem occurs at step 3 - when trying to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". This is where the unhelpful "Oops something went wrong" message occurs when entering the
    windows password "for the last time".

The child's Microsoft account does exist, and I can log in to it via a web browser, but I don't seem to be able to link it to the account he logs in to the PC with. The troubleshooter just detects the fact that he is not logged in with a Microsoft account
    (I ran this with both my account, which is fine, and then when logged in with the child's account)!

Check your child’s account on the PC that your child uses

• Have your child sign in to the PC.

• Open Settings, then select Accounts.

• Select Your account.

• If your child doesn’t currently sign in with a Microsoft account, select
        Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and enter their email address.

• If an email address is already associated with their account, make a note of it. You’ll use it to add their Microsoft account to your family at

account.microsoft.com/family

MikeBushnell, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Never-ending issues with mouse/touchpad and with Microsoft Family time limits

Hi,

Regarding mouse and touchpad concern, we suggest that you install the latest driver update in device manufacturer's website. If the issue still persists, you check on this
    link and follow the steps or suggestions on how to resolve the issue on mouse and touchpad.

And with Microsoft Family concern, you can try to remove the child account by following steps provided below:

• Go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • From Family tab select the Child account that you set on your son's account.
    • Click More and select Remove from Family.
    • Sign out and try to log in again.
    • Try to Add a child account. Check on this
      link
      to know more information on how you can add a child account.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - being used while

2. Sign out - Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign out - Family Safety: I have problem with sign out. Unfortunately, I am create account with randomly 23.07.2020. date of birth and Microsoft recognize this like I am 2 years old and automatically turn on Family Safety. When I sign in on Outlook my Windows account is linked with this account and I...
  3. Sign out - Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out - Family Safety: I have problem with sign out. Unfortunately, I am create account with randomly 23.07.2020. date of birth and Microsoft recognize this like I am 2 years old and automatically turn on Family Safety. When I sign in on Outlook my Windows account is linked with this account and I...
  4. Sign out - Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  6. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  7. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sign out Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign out Microsoft account: Hi, I have three laptops connected to the same Microsoft account. How can I log out of the Microsoft account on one of the laptops. When I received it, it didn't have a Microsoft account on it, and I want it to stay that way. That is, in Start at account setting, there...
  9. Sign out of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign out of Microsoft account: I am returning my laptop to store how can I remove my microsoft account from it before returning Also the screen is damaged it is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-of-microsoft-account/79d313ff-37a7-435f-b659-586498d74e6b
  10. Issues while sign in to OneDrive using Personal Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while sign in to OneDrive using Personal Microsoft account: Hello All, I'm on a windows 10 account at work, with a full 365 suite active, corporate onedrive active etcetc. In my windows explorer, I have also added my personal (@live.com) onedrive account to be able to sync some private data once in a while aswell. The onedrive for...