Windows 10: Time changing

Discus and support Time changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On restart time advances 12 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-changing/01c0593e-93b6-44f9-a110-188c9230ce92 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LauraRoberts4, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Time changing

On restart time advances 12 hours.

:)

LauraRoberts4, Jul 11, 2019

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 11, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Time changing

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Time changing

1. Time changing - Similar Threads - changing

2. WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin: Hi there, I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. What I did: 1. Property -> Security -> Advanced. 2. Changed owner to my account that is currently logged on as admin. 3. Checked the box below "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". 4. Set all...
  3. Need help activating Windows 10 Pro since hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help activating Windows 10 Pro since hardware change: I recently had to change my motherboard due to it getting short circuited/fried seemingly out of nowhere leaving me without being able to prepare for a hardware change. Now that i have my PC up and running it is now telling me I need to Activate Windows even though I have...
  4. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  5. Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard: Hi, somebody can help me, today i've change (upgrade) my motherboard, i've removed my product key from my old motherboard and when i try to activate to my new motherboard, it said error with 0xC004F025 code i have linked to with my account and it still no working,...
  6. changing msn.com to default web browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing msn.com to default web browser in windows 10: How do I change default web browser to msn.com in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-msncom-to-default-web-browser-in-windows/df3a34fe-0904-48c7-84ae-ae2144239e69
  7. How to change read only for all files?

How to change read only for all files?: So many of my files, including images, are Read Only and I can't bulk delete duplicates. I have tried some suggestions in this community and they either don't work, screwed things up or the instructions just are not as I see on my computer. Is there a simple way to change...
  8. How do I change "Run by your Organization" in 1903

How do I change "Run by your Organization" in 1903: My personal home computer now says its run by an organization after 1903 update and I need their permission to change certain things. How do I get back in control?...
  9. changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa

changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa: how do you change the network type from private to public? from public to private? I have followed the instructions where you select the wifi icon > properties > network profile. when I get to network profile, nothing appears except for the "connect automatically when...
  10. Change of user name

Change of user name: Hello, I use Office 365 and Windows 10 pro. My problem is as follows: 1) When I install Windows onto my PC, somewhere along the process you are asked to fill in your user name. I do that using my own name, like "first name" space "last name". Later that name is visible...