Windows 10: Time Clock constantly resetting

Discus and support Time Clock constantly resetting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, So I have been having this problem where my window's clock always goes 7 hours ahead PST anytime I reset/turn off my computer. I have had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Somebody12, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Time Clock constantly resetting

Hi,

So I have been having this problem where my window's clock always goes 7 hours ahead PST anytime I reset/turn off my computer. I have had the option where it sets my time and time zone automatically on before, yet it would still reset the clock to 7 hours ahead. I even turned it off and it would still automatically set itself 7 hours ahead. In order to temporary fix this I would need to turn on the time option.

This also happened on my previous laptop whenever I needed to reset it as well. I am hoping someone on here will have a solution to this problem because it has been annoying me for the past few months.

Thanks

:)

Somebody12, Mar 12, 2020

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 12, 2020
  3. SiSig_ Win User
    Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Mar 12, 2020
  4. joelshort Win User

Time Clock constantly resetting

Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

joelshort, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Time Clock constantly resetting

1. Time Clock constantly resetting - Similar Threads - Clock constantly resetting

2. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  3. Clock/Time Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock/Time Issues: My time on my computer is 3 hours behind and it causes issues. I've manually changed the time 3 hours ahead to balance it out, but it didn't solve the issue. For example, it's 7 o clock right now, discord would say 4 o clock. but on brave browser, it has the time I have on my...
  4. Clock Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Time: My clock shows the wrong time. It is not syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/316cdda5-83a8-467f-b931-cfff8c524123
  5. Resetting of clock

Resetting of clock: Hi all, Recently after the new update I have noticed that my clock keeps resetting to 24 hour format again and again. I do not know if it is random or it happens only on restart. Can someone help me out?...
  6. resetting clock

resetting clock: how do I reset clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-clock/16e3996b-5912-413b-bab5-8dda53b6b21e
  7. clock time

clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  8. time clock ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time clock ..: the time on my pc is always wrong .. so I go to settings make sure zone is correct for uk . then change time settings set to correct time ok .. wen I click set to auto it goes to wrong time again .....
  9. Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios: I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow. Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings. Yes, it...
  10. Clock gaining time

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock gaining time: Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour...