Windows 10: Time / Date pop-up settings

Discus and support Time / Date pop-up settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've done a fair bit of searching on this one so I hope I've missed something or someone can help. When scrolling using the lower arrow in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by winactive, Nov 16, 2015.

1. winactive Win User

Time / Date pop-up settings

I've done a fair bit of searching on this one so I hope I've missed something or someone can help.

When scrolling using the lower arrow in a maximized browser window, occasionally I hit the clock causing the massive pop-up. I can change the clock to the Win32 one and I can find lots of help on disabling the Windows 8 Charms, but nothing on disabling the 'click-to-show' clock pop-up.

I'm happy to retain right/click 'Adjust time/date' function for when I purposely click it.

I suppose I could resize the scrollbar properties to have a bigger button but I think this would throw a lot of websites out of whack and I'm not quite ready to accept it's time for the geriatrics home just yet - I believe my fine motor skills are still just that. Maybe it's lazy pointer control, but the amount of times I hit it is getting frustrating.

TIA. *Cool

:)

winactive, Nov 16, 2015
  2. timkamat Win User

imap.gmail.com certificate out of date.

check whether your phone date and time is properly set. Ideally this message should pop up only and only if the date is wrongly set.

timkamat, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Sdruws Win User
    DATE / TIME SET UP

I have an US version of Windows 10 home. Everything comes in English, except the date / time setup which comes in Brazilian style.

How can I revert such set up to English date / time stype ??

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

Sdruws, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Winactive, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I am sorry but as far as I know, all easy solutions are something you might not want to do.

First, you could turn the clock off, not to show it:

Open the Settings App, select System, select Notifications and actions, select Turn system icons on or off:

Time / Date pop-up settings [​IMG]

Turn the clock off:

Another solution, the way I am doing it is to move the Taskbar vertically to the left. It not only gives more vertical space for webpages but it also allows me to get more content in it. In screenshot my Taskbar now with Quick Launch toolbar at top and all notification icons at bottom:

To move the Taskbar, right click it and select Properties:

When done right click the Taskbar again and unlock it to be able to resize it. Lock again when resized:

5. winactive Win User
    Thanks! Good thinking, but you are right, not things I want to do *Wink

Turning the clock off is not an option, I do look at it. Just wish it would stay in place! Plus, the Action Centre pop-up is even bigger! I do sometimes search future dates via that pop-up (obviously without saving).

For same reasons as I outlined, side-pinned task bar does not work for me, it changes screen dimensions for browser and might invoke sideways scrolling. Plus, I tried it and just don't like animations for Start menu (I use Start Menu replacement), it makes me feel giddy! *Cool

I think a lot of this stems from newer touchpad designs. I would have the seperate click buttons plus an actual real scroll wheel adjacent to the pad! I don't like gestures and hot zones, so they are disabled in UEFI [Basic mode] and driver is not loaded so it detects as PS/2 mouse.

winactive, Nov 16, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Your arguments are solid. Just one small counter argument: My Taskbar as seen in the screenshot in my previous post is 210 pixels wide, leaving me 1710 pixels horizontally for browsers and applications to use on a standard 1920*1080 display. I have yet not found any websites where that 1710 pixels would not be enough, where I would need scroll horizontally.

7. winactive Win User
    My display would not meet with your approval - it is a 1366x768 panel. Plus, maybe my eyes are not so great at 1920x1080, I would hit the scroll arrow even less and perhaps the clock even more! *chuckle

winactive, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

I hope you find a solution or a workaround for this. I will follow this thread to see if other geeks come up with something you could work with.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Time / Date pop-up settings - Similar Threads - Date pop settings

2. Setting up a wallpaper with current date, day and time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a wallpaper with current date, day and time: Is there a way to have a wallpaper setup with the current time being shown at the center of the screen? Something like this: https://preview.redd.it/aurl4gagf2f31.png?auto=webp&s=01fd913f045e7577aba1bf30b5dec3b2534b98f5 I know how to do it with Rainmeter, but the challenge...
  3. Do not pop away date and time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do not pop away date and time: All In Windows 10 the time and date is shown in the system tray. If you click on it, a window pops up with an month overview. If you click somewhere else, the window pops away. In older versions of Windows you could double click on the date and time. Similar information...
  4. Date and Time Settings

Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  5. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  6. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  7. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  8. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  9. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07
  10. Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Date and Time Keep Popping Up - Please Help: Hello, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, many things have been problematic. However, my issue currently is that the Date and Time keep popping up and remain popped up. I am referring to the one which shows and entire month calendar, along with the time, day, etc. It would...