Windows 10: Time delay in dual boot system

Discus and support Time delay in dual boot system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khalid_, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Khalid_ Win User

Time delay in dual boot system

I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2 hours! I am using a Dell laptop.

What should I do to fix this?

:)

Khalid_, Oct 21, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2019
  3. JawaharV Win User
    Windows 10 Boot time delay !

I have upgraded from windows 7 home to windows 10 home. initially the boot time was less. when the windows symbol hides i will get the screen for password.

but after logging in to Microsoft mail account i was asked to login using mail password for every time i login. From that time onward i felt delay in showing the password page. when the system is booted a blank screen is shown for 30 to 80 seconds, then
    my screen for password is shown.

I am an offline user as of now. so i removed mail account thinking that it was the reason for load time. created a normal user account password. but still i have the issue of a delay after booting.

Also, i am unable to access the system after entering password for a time of 20-30 seconds.

found a software for speeding up app loading time. is it ok to use it?

Online data backup software - Download SyncBackFree | 2BrightSparks

Can someone suggest solution for ASAP.

JawaharV, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Time delay in dual boot system

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Time delay in dual boot system

1. Time delay in dual boot system - Similar Threads - delay dual boot

2. Dual boot and time synchronization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot and time synchronization: On my PC I've two OS: the main one, Windows 10, and the one I use for some university classes, Ubuntu. The whole setup is set up like this: If I want to use Windows, I simply turn on the PC, without entering the Boot menu, even if I was using Ubuntu; If I want to use...
  3. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  4. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  5. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  6. Dual boot time bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot time bug: "My system is dual bootable, Ubuntu or Windows 10. Ubuntu shows the correct time. I think this rules out a bad cmos battery. Windows 10 always shows the wrong time. Location settings are correct, time zone settings are correct. When I select to keep time manually,...
  7. Dual boot time bug.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot time bug.: My system is dual bootable, Ubuntu or Windows 10. Ubuntu shows the correct time. I think this rules out a bad cmos battery. Windows 10 always shows the wrong time. Location settings are correct, time zone settings are correct. When I select to keep time manually,...
  8. Screensaver delay time resets to 1 on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver delay time resets to 1 on boot: After converting from Windows 7 to 10 the screensaver delay time resets to 1 every time I boot the system. This prevents the screensaver from activating. I set the time and press apply and then works all day until I sign off at night and re-boot (power up) in the morning. I...
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Dual booting and system imaging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting and system imaging: Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos. I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual...