Windows 10: Time display is damaged in taskbar

Discus and support Time display is damaged in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; An unknown character appears in the Taskbar time display. Is there any way to correct that? It's a freshly installed Win 10 Home 2004, enUS, on a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Time display is damaged in taskbar

An unknown character appears in the Taskbar time display. Is there any way to correct that?
    It's a freshly installed Win 10 Home 2004, enUS, on a new Acer laptop.

I've used sfc scannow and DISM online repair twice, and everything is OK.
    Time display is damaged in taskbar [​IMG]

:)

ineuw, Nov 16, 2020

2. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Time display is damaged in taskbar

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Time display is damaged in taskbar

1. Time display is damaged in taskbar - Similar Threads - display damaged taskbar

2. Taskbar time display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar time display: How to change taskbar time display to show seconds in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-time-display/751a3f54-0c10-4bcd-bb5c-9313a9212e7b
  3. Taskbar time display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar time display: How to change taskbar time display to show seconds in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-time-display/751a3f54-0c10-4bcd-bb5c-9313a9212e7b
  4. Taskbar time display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  6. Taskbar display

Taskbar display: I want to remove the day of the week from the date and time displayed in the Taskbar in Windows 10, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-display/261dff30-2c77-4f8c-8bcf-49e323a68b91
  7. Taskbar Time display

Taskbar Time display: In Windows 10, the taskbar Time display shows only the hours and minutes. I want to see the seconds also. The short date is OK as it is. I followed the website answer for date and time display but found no answer to this specific requirement....
  8. Date/Time display on taskbar

Date/Time display on taskbar: Can I display the current date, as well as the time in the taskbar, by default ie without having to hover on the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/datetime-display-on-taskbar/15221cac-8ac4-41f3-968f-d557532eca96
  9. Time and date display on taskbar

Time and date display on taskbar: My display has recently started showing the time, day of the week and date in three lines, which makes my taskbar larger. How do I get rid of the day of the week and date? I only want to see the time in one line. Thank you for your time......
  10. Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar

Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar: I used to be able to see the time and date on the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop but today it is not there. How can I reset this to display please? It shows volume, etc. but no date and time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. date on taskbar broken screen