Windows 10: Time Formats

Discus and support Time Formats in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron. Recently I had to reinstall Windows because of a serious update malfunction. I set the time in the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasBStevenson, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Time Formats

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron. Recently I had to reinstall Windows because of a serious update malfunction. I set the time in the taskbar to 24-hour display which I want but when the machine boots the log-in/lock screen shows 12-hour format. How do I get the times to agree?

:)

ThomasBStevenson, Jul 8, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

Time Formats

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Time Formats

1. Time Formats - Similar Threads - Formats

2. Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does resetting Windows is slower than formatting windows ?: I do some testing. I reset my PC with no backup to save (remove all files), and also I select the quick option (with less secure). Then, it took more than 2 hours for the reset to finish but if I use the Windows USB drive to format my computer, it just finished less than 20...
  3. Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character: hello, i find a problem with Arabic number starting from window 8 till current build of windows 10 the following screen shot for window 10 and window 7 , you will find arabic numbers in windows 10 is converted to English number after adding currency symbol the...
  4. How do I change a photo file format from png to jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change a photo file format from png to jpg: I have used inphotofix to correct a picture and the format is png. I need to change it to jpg in order to print. How can I change the format....
  5. OEM Format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Format: Hello everyone, I formatted my OEM recovery while using diskpart to assign a character to a disk. It was a mistake and now it's formatted. Knowing that the OEM can't be recovered, I would like to ask if I wil reinstall the same windows version again(WINDOWS 10 HOME), with...
  6. Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.

Windows 10 home is saved in GPT partition format.: How to convert to Windows partition format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-is-saved-in-gpt-partition-format/70615501-8e10-4e03-9058-05ba4c40e3c0
  7. How Change Date Format in Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Change Date Format in Calendar: Hi I am using the Calender app (not the flyup calendar from the task bar). The one found in Start> Calendar. The format of the dates in the calendar are US ie 1st August is displayed as 8/1. Since I'm in Australia, I prefer to see 1/8. All other date setting in my Windows...
  8. trying to format a micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to format a micro sd card: already downloaded photos to laptop. want to use 8gb sd card for new device,( garmin gps ) only have sd card adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-format-a-micro-sd-card/69b5367c-be43-439c-bc2d-ce5ccd06846b
  9. Program format

Program format: I downloaded a program off of flash drive. I can not see the whole page. I have windows 10. Do I need to reformat the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-format/4993c2c0-33f3-4263-a307-e21f143efac6
  10. download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files: I don't know what happened but when i go to download videos, the only way i can save a video now is either as a "html document" or "All Files" I even tried to find the .file to change the default app as that is the type of file it downloads as but to no avail. i was...