Windows 10: Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

Discus and support Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, if I leave my computer on for a while time freezes. The clock stops going up. Currently, at 10:38pm it thinks it is 2:40. But my computer itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soyeahstuff, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

So, if I leave my computer on for a while time freezes. The clock stops going up. Currently, at 10:38pm it thinks it is 2:40. But my computer itself isn’t freezing… because everything currently open continues to work perfectly. I cannot open anything new, I cannot click the taskbar icons to open anything, pushing the windows key and typing does not show results it’s just gray, doesn’t even say no results or anything.Normally, I just restart and it’s fine, but it’s been starting to really get on my nerves, and the final straw is just now as I’ve been doing this incredibly long file transfer

:)

soyeahstuff, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Computer freezes after random Applications open

Hi,

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

The first thing to get the issue fixed would be to perform a System Maintenance troubleshooter and then check if the computer freezes after the applications are opened.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if the issue happens with the freezing of the computer.

Jessen P, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

1. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. - Similar Threads - freezes computer everything

2. Time on my computer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time on my computer not working: About a week ago I had a problem with my computer, and it wouldn't boot correctly. I had to create an bootable windows 11 iso file to fix my computer. Once my computer was restored, I had to try to recover my lost data. Ever since I restored my computer, I noticed that every...
  3. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. windows 10: some times my pc time stops working but cant find anny ting in the pc logbooks of crittical error just id 201 pc specryzen 5600xmb msi b550 thomohawk running last bioswindows 10 home whit all updates update 22H2...
  4. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. windows 10: some times my pc time stops working but cant find anny ting in the pc logbooks of crittical error just id 201 pc specryzen 5600xmb msi b550 thomohawk running last bioswindows 10 home whit all updates update 22H2...
  5. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works. windows 10

6. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.: So, if I leave my computer on for a while time freezes. The clock stops going up. Currently, at 10:38pm it thinks it is 2:40. But my computer itself isn’t freezing… because everything currently open continues to work perfectly. I cannot open anything new, I cannot click the...
  7. Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.

Time freezes on my computer, but everything currently open works.: So, if I leave my computer on for a while time freezes. The clock stops going up. Currently, at 10:38pm it thinks it is 2:40. But my computer itself isn’t freezing… because everything currently open continues to work perfectly. I cannot open anything new, I cannot click the...
  8. My computer is freezing. Can't open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer is freezing. Can't open: I have to turn off the power to reboot the computer. Also I keep getting messages that Microsoft wants to synch my computer and my laptop. Apparently with the same password. I don't want to....
  9. Everything open on computer Crashes.

Everything open on computer Crashes.: This started happening after I completely reset my computer. I was going through and I reinstalled Minecraft and League Of Legends. Ever since I reset the computer though, Programs that are open would randomly crash and die on me. They would close and when I try to reopen...
  10. My Computer Freezes All The Time.

My Computer Freezes All The Time.: So I'm just watching youtube or playing Roblox, and then the screen freeze's and I can't move my mouse or open anything and I have to manually reboot the computer so I can continue playing and the only way for it not to freeze is to have one thing open, like on tab in google...