Windows 10: Time gets reset 5 hours ahead

Discus and support Time gets reset 5 hours ahead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dual boot into Linux and everytime I do so, so it seems, my Win10 time is reset to +5 hours. e.g. instead of 8PM, it is showing 1AM. I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Dec 28, 2018.

1. dictum Win User

Time gets reset 5 hours ahead

I dual boot into Linux and everytime I do so, so it seems, my Win10 time is reset to +5 hours. e.g. instead of 8PM, it is showing 1AM.
    I am not sure if Linux is just a correlation, not a causation.
    Could it be my battery went bad? However, if so, why does it roll the clock forward precisely 5 hours.

:)

dictum, Dec 28, 2018

2. Computer time is ahead by one hour

Original title: Computer Time Discrepancy

My computer time is ahead by one hour, even though the settings show my time zone and daylight savings time.

PrintCrazy, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Computer time is ahead by one hour

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

As you are facing issue related to Windows time setting then I suggest you to try the below steps and check if helps.

• Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.

• Check for the Windows Time service and select Windows time service.

• On the left panel, check if the service is start or not.

• If service is not started then start the service, by clicking on the
      Start option.

• If the service is started the restart the service by clicking on
      Restart option.
    If the issue persists.

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Time gets reset 5 hours ahead

SMS time stamp 2 hours ahead

Hi

I have a Nokia 6300. When I connect it my PC and view the SMS in the Nokia

PC suite, the messages are all dated 2 hours ahead.

The time is shown correctly if I view the messages on the phone itself.

E.g. message received on the phone @ 14.05 is shown in the PC suite as being

received @ 16.05.

I've just got the Nokia 7500 Prism and if I copy the messages to this phone from the 6300, they are time stamped 2 hours ahead on the new phone.

Auto-update of time is "on" in the settings on both phones and are set to GMT.

Anyone know what the problem could be.

TIA

knight1---01, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Time gets reset 5 hours ahead

1. Time gets reset 5 hours ahead - Similar Threads - gets reset hours

2. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...: Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync etc etc nothing changes. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-client-computer-is-showing-time-1-hour-ahead-i/91d51b2f-cb22-451b-9b1b-afcc93e669b8
  3. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...: Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync etc etc nothing changes. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-client-computer-is-showing-time-1-hour-ahead-i/91d51b2f-cb22-451b-9b1b-afcc93e669b8
  4. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic: My clock says 9:54 when it really is 8:54 I checked the clock settings and the correct time zone (Eastern (US)) is set and the clock is set on "automatic" yet the clock is exactly an hour ahead on my Windows 10 Dell Optiplex 790 Does anybody know what the problem could be?...
  6. active hours keeps reseting to the default 8 to 5

active hours keeps reseting to the default 8 to 5: I just reinstalled windows 10 having replaced the SSD and now I cant change the active hours from 8 to 5. Every time I select a different time in the "Change active hours" page in Settings, it jumps back to 8 to 5. I want the updates to run late at night not while I am...
  7. Resetting this Pc stuck at 7% for 5 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this Pc stuck at 7% for 5 hours: Yesterday i reset my pc with quick option today before around 5 hours i reset my all drives but it stuck at 7% (resetting this pc page) what should i do? i have windows 10 pro License[IMG]...
  8. My time is 1 hour behind ever since the time went 1 hour ahead. (Windows 10)

My time is 1 hour behind ever since the time went 1 hour ahead. (Windows 10): When the time went an hour ahead my laptop decided to not go with that time and stay on the normal time, and is not wanting to switch back, the timezones and everything are as they are supposed to be (UTC +01:00) Amsterdam. On another forumpost they said you needed to change...
  9. clock five hours ahead of time

in Windows 10 Support
    clock five hours ahead of time: i try both of those options, the time zone is correct , make sure the clock in bios is correct; but every time i start windows 10, it always shows the clock five hours ahead of time. I always have to go to settings and turn the auto time set button off and on in order to show...
  10. Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone: My timezone is set correctly to Eastern (UTC-05:00) but Windows sets the clock ahead four hours after every boot cycle. It even sets the hardware clock in UEFI fours hours ahead. I've run a boot-time virus can using Avast Internet Security. Two PUPs were found and deleted....