Windows 10: Time is wrong in Windows after booting

Discus and support Time is wrong in Windows after booting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Short version - I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S running Windows 11 Home that doesn't appear to pick up the BIOS time on boot and Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Oakner, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Time is wrong in Windows after booting

Hi,Short version - I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S running Windows 11 Home that doesn't appear to pick up the BIOS time on boot and Windows will typically display an incorrect time at the login screen. Windows time sync will fix it after a few minutes.Longer version -I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S running Windows 11 Home 22H2.Every time I check the BIOS, the date / time appears to be correct.When the laptop boots, the incorrect date and time will be displayed on the login screen. Typically, it is anywhere up to a day ahead. My feeling is that the advancement is proportional to the time the lapt

:)

Andrew Oakner, Feb 1, 2023

2. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Feb 2, 2023
  4. MMoooh Win User

Time is wrong in Windows after booting

Time & date always wrong

Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it.

I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:

1. Replaced the CMOS battery. I also dualboot linux on my PC and the time is correct there. My BIOS settings are saved. So I believe the battery is fine.
    2. Set "Windows Time Service" in services.msc to start automatically. Stopped and restarted it.
    3. Run SFC and DISM checks. Both OK.
    4. Ran windows update. Everything is up to date.
    5. Re registered w32time:

Everything seems to be fine once i manually sync time. So why isn't it syncing on boot? Where is it getting the wrong time from if the BIOS time is correct?

MMoooh, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Time is wrong in Windows after booting

1. Time is wrong in Windows after booting - Similar Threads - wrong booting

2. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  3. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  4. Accidentaly have 2 windows installs and windows is booting to the wrong one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentaly have 2 windows installs and windows is booting to the wrong one: So for context I have 2 SSDs in my computer and a few hard drives. Both of my SSDs have windows installs on them as one was my original boot drive when I built the computer and the other one I installed later and moved my windows install to. However, I really just had copied...
  5. Accidentaly have 2 windows installs and windows is booting to the wrong one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentaly have 2 windows installs and windows is booting to the wrong one: So for context I have 2 SSDs in my computer and a few hard drives. Both of my SSDs have windows installs on them as one was my original boot drive when I built the computer and the other one I installed later and moved my windows install to. However, I really just had copied...
  6. Accidentaly have 2 windows installs and windows is booting to the wrong one

7. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  8. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  9. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

10. Windows 11 Update, installing boot files on wrong EFI partition

Windows 11 Update, installing boot files on wrong EFI partition: I am running windows on my Asus Viwobook laptops internal Nvme SSD Disk 0, which has windows 11 installation factory installated.Disk 0 Partition Layout:0 - EFI parition Windows bootloader1 - C: Windows Installation2 - Recovery Partition3 - Recovery PartitionI have an extenal...