Windows 10: Time keeps changing

Discus and support Time keeps changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This weird issue started happening few weeks ago, when I turn on my computer in the morning, the time would still show the time before i turned off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mastermax777, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Time keeps changing

This weird issue started happening few weeks ago, when I turn on my computer in the morning, the time would still show the time before i turned off the computer at night, this happens a lot. Then i go into settings and check "Set Time automatically" sometimes the time is off by 1 hour.. it happens maybe half of the time . It thinks im in the wrong timezone or something.. even thought i have it set pacific. I keep having to go and set it manually its really annoying

:)

mastermax777, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Sanwin2 Win User

Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

I have been using this tool for years to solve this problem.

NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool

Works better than the built-in Windows facility.

Sanwin2, Feb 4, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

If you are using time.windows.com try another server. time.windows.com seems to be unstable for many users.

I believe different regions have different non windows options. I found that using
    time.nist.gov here in Oz is stable.

My time ran backwards on a couple of occasions when using time.windows.com.

BossDweeb, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Time keeps changing

Fill out your System Specs. How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Replace the CMOS battery (CR2032). If it's a Desktop this is simple. If it's a Laptop, not so easy.

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
  5. what do u want me to fill out? i simply have windows 10, intel i5 , a graphics card, hdd/ssd, what does it matter what case,keyboard i have

and how do u know its the battery? My computer turns on fine, the pc is only like 4 years old

mastermax777, Feb 17, 2016
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    The CMOS battery can wear out after a couple (3+) of years and can need to be replaced. This battery runs the BIOS and maintains the time on your clock, when the Computer is not on.

wyldman68, Feb 17, 2016
  7. If the system retains the settings while running and during a reboot....but loses them when you power off the system, it is 99.9% likely that the battery has died. It's a very cheap and quick fix.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Time keeps changing

Filling out the System Specs allows anyone interested in helping you know what your hardware is.
    For instance, look at my system specs. Tells a lot about my computer and can be helpful if I have a problem and want help.

I don't know it's the battery but the symptoms you described point to the CMOS battery as the culprit.

You asked for help, I gave you my best advice. Follow it or ignore it, your choice.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time keeps changing

1. Time keeps changing - Similar Threads - keeps changing

2. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...: I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including deleting the DNS it keeps trying to put me on out of regedit. I've flushed/reset DNS I can't even count how many times, and it keeps...
  3. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...: I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including deleting the DNS it keeps trying to put me on out of regedit. I've flushed/reset DNS I can't even count how many times, and it keeps...
  4. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Audio keeps changing to Digital Audio S/PDIF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio keeps changing to Digital Audio S/PDIF: When my audio changes to Digital Audio S/PDIF it doesn't let me hear anything and then randomly my audio comesback then it dissappears again and i dont know what to do it's just annoying...
  6. My Audio keeps changing to Digital Audio S/PDIF

My Audio keeps changing to Digital Audio S/PDIF: When my audio changes to Digital Audio S/PDIF it doesn't let me hear anything and then randomly my audio comesback then it dissappears again and i dont know what to do it's just annoying...
  7. My colour keeps changing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My colour keeps changing on my laptop: My name is Aaron and the colour of my laptop changes like when i type it turns to blue for a short of time im not sure why this is happinging and somtimes the screen lags and there is an line at the top of my screen....
  8. My colour keeps changing on my laptop

My colour keeps changing on my laptop: My name is Aaron and the colour of my laptop changes like when i type it turns to blue for a short of time im not sure why this is happinging and somtimes the screen lags and there is an line at the top of my screen....
  9. I can get my stolen account back, but the thief keeps changing the password because he made...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can get my stolen account back, but the thief keeps changing the password because he made...: It takes 30 days to delete his data, but he manages to undo my actions and change the password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-get-my-stolen-account-back-but-the-thief/841b2a5d-12d8-4cbe-a094-635b2b1364e8
  10. I can get my stolen account back, but the thief keeps changing the password because he made...

I can get my stolen account back, but the thief keeps changing the password because he made...: It takes 30 days to delete his data, but he manages to undo my actions and change the password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-get-my-stolen-account-back-but-the-thief/841b2a5d-12d8-4cbe-a094-635b2b1364e8