Windows 10: Time keeps changing

Discus and support Time keeps changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This weird issue started happening few weeks ago, when I turn on my computer in the morning, the time would still show the time before i turned off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mastermax777, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Time keeps changing

This weird issue started happening few weeks ago, when I turn on my computer in the morning, the time would still show the time before i turned off the computer at night, this happens a lot. Then i go into settings and check "Set Time automatically" sometimes the time is off by 1 hour.. it happens maybe half of the time . It thinks im in the wrong timezone or something.. even thought i have it set pacific. I keep having to go and set it manually its really annoying

:)

mastermax777, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Sanwin2 Win User

Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

I have been using this tool for years to solve this problem.

NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool

Works better than the built-in Windows facility.

Sanwin2, Feb 4, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

If you are using time.windows.com try another server. time.windows.com seems to be unstable for many users.

I believe different regions have different non windows options. I found that using
    time.nist.gov here in Oz is stable.

My time ran backwards on a couple of occasions when using time.windows.com.

BossDweeb, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Time keeps changing

Fill out your System Specs. How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Replace the CMOS battery (CR2032). If it's a Desktop this is simple. If it's a Laptop, not so easy.

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
  5. what do u want me to fill out? i simply have windows 10, intel i5 , a graphics card, hdd/ssd, what does it matter what case,keyboard i have

and how do u know its the battery? My computer turns on fine, the pc is only like 4 years old

mastermax777, Feb 17, 2016
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    The CMOS battery can wear out after a couple (3+) of years and can need to be replaced. This battery runs the BIOS and maintains the time on your clock, when the Computer is not on.

wyldman68, Feb 17, 2016
  7. If the system retains the settings while running and during a reboot....but loses them when you power off the system, it is 99.9% likely that the battery has died. It's a very cheap and quick fix.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Time keeps changing

Filling out the System Specs allows anyone interested in helping you know what your hardware is.
    For instance, look at my system specs. Tells a lot about my computer and can be helpful if I have a problem and want help.

I don't know it's the battery but the symptoms you described point to the CMOS battery as the culprit.

You asked for help, I gave you my best advice. Follow it or ignore it, your choice.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time keeps changing

1. Time keeps changing - Similar Threads - keeps changing

2. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  3. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  4. Screen brightness keeps changing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Screen brightness keeps changing in Windows 11: [IMG]Sudden, unexpected changes in your screen brightness while trying to work or relax can be frustrating. Users with Windows 11 PCs have constantly reported the issue of screen brightness changing unexpectedly. In this article, we will see what you can do if the screen...
  5. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  6. Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.

Organization keeps asking me to change my pin even though I'm not in any organization.: The title says most of it, i checked my account settings and I see no organization signed in. every few weeks it asks me to change my PIN, and idk what to do. I saw someone say 3rd party apps can do that but how do I know which program is doing this?...
  7. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...: I am submitting another question because my last discussion didn't get me anywhere. The full story is that randomly my Windows account was hacked. The Microsoft account I use for Windows didn't exist anymore, probably because the hacker changed it to theirs, and a new...
  8. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...: I am submitting another question because my last discussion didn't get me anywhere. The full story is that randomly my Windows account was hacked. The Microsoft account I use for Windows didn't exist anymore, probably because the hacker changed it to theirs, and a new...
  9. My Windows account was changed w/o my permission, and the person who did it keeps changing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.

Windows keeps restoring changes after restart.: Hi! I got a problem with my pc, and it started after windows update. I guess it went wrong and after that windows restores all changes i did after restart, even deleted files. I tried windows installer media and recovery, but it did not help, it just fails.Now I'm trying to...