Windows 10: Time not automatically changing to match time zone

Discus and support Time not automatically changing to match time zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi I have my time set to adjust automatically based on time zones but despite constant travel to different destinations my time never resets to new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by filipowcih, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Time not automatically changing to match time zone

hi

I have my time set to adjust automatically based on time zones but despite constant travel to different destinations my time never resets to new time zone. I always have to do it manually. Pls help

:)

filipowcih, Mar 6, 2020

2. Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

helpancient, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Time Zone Change

Cool, thanks for the great instructions. I just followed all those steps, and all it seemed to do was turn set time zone automatically back on. I assume that this is what it was intended to do, but does that fix the problem of randomly changing time zones?

ForThePeople, Mar 6, 2020
  4. B. Parker Win User

Time not automatically changing to match time zone

Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

B. Parker, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Time not automatically changing to match time zone

1. Time not automatically changing to match time zone - Similar Threads - automatically changing match

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  4. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  5. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  6. Changing Time Zone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Time Zone: My time zone is US Mountain Time. Whenever I try to change the time zone to US Mountain Time my pc automatically changes back to Pacific Time. Does anyone know why or a way to fix this?...
  7. Time zone not automatically setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...
  8. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  9. Time zone Automatically changes when restarted

Time zone Automatically changes when restarted: Every time I restart the machine the time zone will changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-automatically-changes-when-restarted/0de0c253-1cc0-4715-94b9-b527264c3c33
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450