Windows 10: Time not being given through request

Discus and support Time not being given through request in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I send a request to my dad he clicks the link to give more time but most of the time it doesn't work. He also try's going to the actual website... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AQUA Sweaty, May 4, 2020.

1. Time not being given through request

When I send a request to my dad he clicks the link to give more time but most of the time it doesn't work. He also try's going to the actual website and granting more screen time but that normally doesn't work either. Has this ever happened to anyone and do you know how to fix it?

:)

AQUA Sweaty, May 4, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 4, 2020
  3. processing time requests does not work

• When did the issue start?
    months ago

• Did you make any account setting changes to the main PC or on the other PCs?
    no, all my kids are standard users, I am the administrator, this has not changed.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    no, it says it has applied the time, but of course hasn't

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

I have run all the troubleshooters.
    The usual suggestion I am given is to remove all my kids from my family and add them again. But I am a bit fedup of having to constantly keep doing this when family safety breaks, which it does a lot.

• What is the current version and build number of the Windows 10 PCs?

mine

kids

Russ Michaels, May 4, 2020
  4. titan5800 Win User

Time not being given through request

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Time not being given through request

1. Time not being given through request - Similar Threads - being given through

2. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  3. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  4. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’: I’ve recently moved house and my machine has just been set up, since its a different time zone the screen time limit doesnt allow access to the pc, ive connected it to the wifi and tried to request more screen time, however it says it cannot send the request due to lack of...
  6. the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[: please help me! D:> im literally so desprate right now! my computer is an inspirion 5675, and today when i turned it on, i got an error message saying that windows loaded incorrectly or something like that! i restarted it like i was told to, and the internet wasnt working!...
  7. Log on after being given more screen time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log on after being given more screen time: My son's screen time ran out last night. I logged on to the Microsoft account and gave him more time, but the program will not allow him to log on because it says it is not connected to the Wifi. When he sends a message requesting more time, it comes back that an error has...
  8. Print requests are not being spooled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print requests are not being spooled: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 notebook PC and can't print anything from any application word, acrobat, browser etc. I have two printers HP Envy 4520 and HP Deskjet 2600; both All-in-One Printers. There is nothing wrong with these printers. They are both wi-fi connected to the home...
  9. Request timed out

Request timed out: Hi, please help when i'm using any wifi, it's not stable at all and when i ping with CMD ( ping riot.de -t ) i get requested timed out each 4 secs continiously (riot.de is a League of legends game server, it works perfectly almost at anytime) same issue with google.com or...
  10. Edge definitely given the boot for time being

in Browsers and Email
    Edge definitely given the boot for time being: Using Edge causes my network adapter to stop working and I lose the internet connection. Getting it back takes at least five minutes. Restarting windows then hangs on restart so I have to force a shutdown. Would report in windows feedback but it doesn't come up when I type...