Windows 10: Time not synchronizing

Discus and support Time not synchronizing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoEbY-X, Jan 18, 2022.

1. JoEbY-X Win User

Time not synchronizing

Synchronizing with internet time server stopped working a few weeks ago in Windows 10. Doesn't matter the time server. I already set the w32time service to Automatic, started and unregistered and re-registered it, ran SFC, and everything else I see in the forums to try. I still get that "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with..." sometimes saying "peer unresolved." What else can I try?

:)

JoEbY-X, Jan 18, 2022
  2. BobP3UX Win User

Time Synchronization Task Scheduler Windows 10

Hi Kern

Tried all the steps you suggested but time is still not synchronizing with internet time via the normal GUI settings and running SynchronizeTime from Windows Task Scheduler returns code 2147943479.

What next?

Thanks,

Bob

BobP3UX, Jan 19, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows fails to synchronize with internet time - it times out

Hi,

You might have a different Date and Time configuration that's why your Windows fails to synchronize with
    Internet Time. To have this checked, try to change the server in your Internet Time Settings by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab: then, click on Change settings.
    • Try to change or choose the Server, tick on the Update now, and click on
      OK.

Let us know the results after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, Jan 19, 2022
  4. johnymm Win User

Time not synchronizing

Unable to synchronize time on new Windows 10 machine

I just got a new Dell XPS 15 which runs Windows 10, and I seem unable to synchronize the time with the time servers. I've tried multiple solutions that I've found online, such as restarting Windows Time Service, switching to a different time server, disabling the firewall, etc. and nothing works. Windows cannot connect to the server and the connection times out.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: I've tried the solutions posted in this question, but they didn't work for me. They're essentially what I listed above.

johnymm, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

Time not synchronizing

1. Time not synchronizing - Similar Threads - synchronizing

2. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  3. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  4. How can I turn on password synchronization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn on password synchronization?: How can I turn on password synchronization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-password-synchronization/3e4359d9-e680-44b8-81c8-f272ecce6759
  5. How can I turn on password synchronization?

How can I turn on password synchronization?: How can I turn on password synchronization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-password-synchronization/3e4359d9-e680-44b8-81c8-f272ecce6759
  6. How can I turn on password synchronization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun: When I login my Microsoft Account . I am using Window 10, what all items are synchronized against My account below ?A. Internet Explorer favorites B. Microsoft Edge favorites C. Desktop background D. Accessibility options E. All of the above F. Only A, B, and C...
  8. When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun

When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun: When I login my Microsoft Account . I am using Window 10, what all items are synchronized against My account below ?A. Internet Explorer favorites B. Microsoft Edge favorites C. Desktop background D. Accessibility options E. All of the above F. Only A, B, and C...
  9. When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Time Synchronization Failed

Time Synchronization Failed: I am trying to run some python scripts but I am getting error as below. Python Error: Discarding packet: The msg_id belongs to over 30 seconds in the future. Most likely the client time has to be synchronized.When checked further, I was told to sync my windows clock. However...