Windows 10: Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

Discus and support Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, In the last 6 months it has become apparent that our laptops are not updating whenever GMT/BST changes +/- 1 hour. Once laptops are back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kris Kirkbride, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

Hello,

In the last 6 months it has become apparent that our laptops are not updating whenever GMT/BST changes +/- 1 hour.

Once laptops are back on the LAN in the office, they update fine.

I'm assuming there is a GPO/setting i can set/change that will make them pull the time from NTP rather than an on-prem DC perhaps - but i'm struggling to work it out :

Can anyone help please?!

:)

Kris Kirkbride, Nov 6, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Domain joined PC to Sync time in internet

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me with my issue. Our client are using laptops, joined in a domain and the staffs are travelling a lot in a different country. The problem they are facing is that the time cannot synchronized in the internet. Set automatic time zone
    is on. All staff are using domain account with no admin rights.

Is there any way for a domain joined machine to sync time in the internet. Internet time tab is missing in Date and Time window. I need to create a GPO that will allows the laptops to sync time in the internet. Even the said computers are domain member.

Will appreciate any help

Thanks,

Sam

SamuelBantilan, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating

1. Time on domain joined laptops isn't updating - Similar Threads - domain joined laptops

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  5. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network: Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other...
  6. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network: Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other...
  7. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  9. Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers: We're oddly not finding good guidance for this situation elsewhere, nor even anyone asking questions about it, so I thought I'd ask here. We have company workstations joined to the local domain for the usual centralized control and policy administration purposes....
  10. wrong time on domain joined computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong time on domain joined computer: Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available. [ATTACH] I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and...