Windows 10: time on the computer, is wrong

Discus and support time on the computer, is wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm at the library and the moment. The time on this computer is wrong. How is this possible. I wonder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by r1bina, Sep 19, 2020.

1. r1bina Win User

time on the computer, is wrong

I'm at the library and the moment. The time on this computer is wrong. How is this possible. I wonder.

:)

r1bina, Sep 19, 2020

2. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 19, 2020
  3. my computer periodically resets its time to a the wrong time zone, always the same

Hi Richard,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's time zone settings can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect time and time zone settings, corrupted system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. time on the computer, is wrong - Similar Threads - computer wrong

2. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  3. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  4. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What's wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong with my computer: Dear expert,I once made a system boot USB disk by windows 10 starting program. But now when I wanted to I install the system on the empty hard drive in my computer, it said I got something wrong. What could I do? Here's the screen...
  6. Something is wrong with my new computer

Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  7. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my new computer: I got this new computer a surface 2 and i have had it for two days every time I play a game on gamepass it dies in a hour and the whole computer goes burning hot and the fans start getting loud even with simple things like persona when I googled it someone suggested doing a...
  8. Something is wrong with my new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I turned my computer on and it is showing me a the wrong sign in and when I signed in it’s...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer on and it is showing me a the wrong sign in and when I signed in it’s...: I basically turned my computer on and it showed me my Microsoft login window but I usually login under a local user in my c drive so automatically I had to put my old password . I sign in and my desktop and everything is different because I’m now running my computer through...
  10. I turned my computer on and it is showing me a the wrong sign in and when I signed in it’s...

I turned my computer on and it is showing me a the wrong sign in and when I signed in it’s...: I basically turned my computer on and it showed me my Microsoft login window but I usually login under a local user in my c drive so automatically I had to put my old password . I sign in and my desktop and everything is different because I’m now running my computer through...