Windows 10: time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

Discus and support time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I stop typing even for 2 minutes...my computer goes to sleep....I have to re-log in everytime. It is a pain, Help. I have adjusted all settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FROGGIE13777, Feb 2, 2019.

1. time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

when I stop typing even for 2 minutes...my computer goes to sleep....I have to re-log in everytime. It is a pain, Help. I have adjusted all settings to never.

:)

FROGGIE13777, Feb 2, 2019

2. vista takes a really long time to log in

it took 4 minutes to log in. and i did what you suggested and nothing.

i didn't want to do it yet but i think i'm going to reformat again. xp with sp3 this time!

freaksavior, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Logging off under 2 minutes of inactivity

Hi,

I realize that the computer is logging off if it is under 2 minutes of inactivity. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this user account?
    You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 2, 2019
  4. time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

1. time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes - Similar Threads - log minutes

2. while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...: while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened, My windows not getting update its showing retry and my local disk c is not accessible. After few hours i tried to login its getting so much time like 10 minutes showing black screen after...
  3. while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened,My...: while log in my laptop its showing black screen and after 4 or 5 minutes its opened, My windows not getting update its showing retry and my local disk c is not accessible. After few hours i tried to login its getting so much time like 10 minutes showing black screen after...
  4. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  5. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  6. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Video Games have been crashing after 5 to 10 minutes. The minidump logs show the error code...

Video Games have been crashing after 5 to 10 minutes. The minidump logs show the error code...: When playing CPU intensive games after 5 to 10 minutes the game crashes to desktop. I checked the minidump logs and i have two files within created, 2 days ago within 15 minutes of each other. Checking the minidump files they both throw the same error code listed above. I...
  8. Video Games have been crashing after 5 to 10 minutes. I check the minidump logs and go the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Games have been crashing after 5 to 10 minutes. I check the minidump logs and go the...: When playing CPU intensive games after 5 to 10 minutes the game crashes to desktop. I checked the minidump logs and i have two files within created, 2 days ago within 15 minutes of each other. Checking the minidump files they both throw the same error code listed above. I...
  9. BSOD approx. 15 minutes after startup, happens consistently. Minidump and CBS logs included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD approx. 15 minutes after startup, happens consistently. Minidump and CBS logs included: Hello, I've been having an issue for the past week now where whenever I boot my PC, I receive a BSOD roughly 15 minutes more or less after startup. I checked for gpu driver updates, to which there are none. I've tried updating all my drivers, but to no avail. I've ran...
  10. BSOD approx. 15 minutes after startup, happens consistently. Minidump and CBS logs included

BSOD approx. 15 minutes after startup, happens consistently. Minidump and CBS logs included: Hello, I've been having an issue for the past week now where whenever I boot my PC, I receive a BSOD roughly 15 minutes more or less after startup. I checked for gpu driver updates, to which there are none. I've tried updating all my drivers, but to no avail. I've ran...