Windows 10: Time Restrictions Family group

Discus and support Time Restrictions Family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shaelee S, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Shaelee S Win User

Time Restrictions Family group

I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to get on it again, the restrictions were back. How do I fix this without making a new Microsoft account?

:)

Shaelee S, Sep 30, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Sep 30, 2021
  3. elanoides Win User
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click
    on Time Restrictions which will be near the top then click on End Task it will let you have unlimited time even if you have set up time restrictions.

elanoides, Sep 30, 2021
  4. Time Restrictions Family group

microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Basically removing the account from the family group, the account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had within the family group.

In this scenario I suggest you to check if the child account still exists under family group. If yes, you can go ahead and remove the members from the family group. Refer the article
    Remove members from your family group
    for the steps. Please make sure that you are followed and kindly back to us with the results.

From more information, I would suggest you to check the article from
    Daniel Strommen[MSFT] dated March 31, 2017

and refer the section Common issues with time limits.

Meanwhile I would like to inform you that it’s required have an administrator privileges on the computer to make any changes with the user account. I suggest you to try signing in with the administrator password and make the necessary changes.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

Time Restrictions Family group

1. Time Restrictions Family group - Similar Threads - Restrictions Family group

2. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  3. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  4. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  6. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  7. microsoft family group time limits

microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...
  8. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  9. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  10. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...