Windows 10: Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10

Discus and support Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I observed that after the feature upgrade (e.g. from 1709 to 1803), user will need to wait for extra time (around 3 minutes) to finish the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Wong 66, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10

I observed that after the feature upgrade (e.g. from 1709 to 1803), user will need to wait for extra time (around 3 minutes) to finish the login process. This seems to be something to do with the system to reconfigure the user's profile.

Let's say, if the desktop is shared by 5 users, this means that all the 5 users will need to wait at the first logon after the desktop upgrade.

The Windows upgrade will take around 40 minutes (including the desktop reboot), and to avoid impact to users usually it is carried out during the non office hours.

Is there any way such that the user profiles configuration can be initiated by the local administrator immediately after the upgrade, instead of waiting for user logon to trigger this action?

:)

David Wong 66, Nov 22, 2018

2. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10

Delta6326, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10

1. Time spent on configuring the user profile after the Windows 10 - Similar Threads - spent configuring user

2. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  4. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  6. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  7. Windows 10 user profile resetting after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 user profile resetting after startup: Since approx. mid September 2020, everytime I restart my PC all the settings revert back to default. this includes all my documents, photos music etc are no longer in my user account. They are on the C drive within "users". Nothing remains in the taskbar and I have to set up...
  8. configure advanced user profile properties won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure advanced user profile properties won't open: i'm trying to open configure advanced user profile properties , to do some change i have follow this steps : control panel -> user accounts -> press on configure advanced user profile properties then nothing happen i do same search and i found this command :...
  9. StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?

StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?: Hi I want setup StartIsBack on a domain environnent. So, i've import the group policy template. Unfortunatly, not all options (at all...) are available. Is there a proper way to have the same configuration for all users profiles using the gui configuration interface...
  10. StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?

in Windows 10 Support
    StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?: Hi I want setup StartIsBack on a domain environnent. So, i've import the group policy template. Unfortunatly, not all options (at all...) are available. Is there a proper way to have the same configuration for all users profiles using the gui configuration interface...