Windows 10: time stamp in jpg picture files

Discus and support time stamp in jpg picture files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bruce K Christopherson, Jun 26, 2020.

1. time stamp in jpg picture files

"Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time taken for a jpg photo file.

Changing the time for date taken in a jpg file should be pretty basic. Why hasn't Microsoft made this fix yet?

:)

Bruce K Christopherson, Jun 26, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. GPS Location With Time Stamp Software?

My step-mother just bought some cheapo portable GPS from Best Buy. has a camera onboard and stamps the images as you request. Saves them on the GPS, but can be easily offloaded at the end of the day. I want to say it was a budget model Garmin.

sneekypeet, Jun 26, 2020
  4. time stamp in jpg picture files

Change Folder's Time Stamp

What are some examples that it would be beneficial to change timestamps of files and folders? For files/folders, you can simply change the ascending/descending order by simply using the explorer extension tree built into explorer already:

time stamp in jpg picture files [​IMG]

I don't understand why a shell extension is necessary at all because if the order cant be changed by way of my screenshot, then all you have to do is add or subtract something to a file/folder and save it again in order for explorer to reset its position in a list.

EyeInTheSky, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

time stamp in jpg picture files

1. time stamp in jpg picture files - Similar Threads - stamp jpg picture

2. Inability to modify time stamp on two pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inability to modify time stamp on two pictures: I had to modify a time stamp on a group of pictures that were taken. They were all taken with the same phone camera. I was able to sucessfully the time stamp on all of the files, but two. There is no discernable difference with those 2 files. But they will not allow me to...
  3. Inability to modify time stamp on two pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inability to modify time stamp on two pictures: I had to modify a time stamp on a group of pictures that were taken. They were all taken with the same phone camera. I was able to sucessfully the time stamp on all of the files, but two. There is no discernable difference with those 2 files. But they will not allow me to...
  4. Search files with en exact time stamp

Search files with en exact time stamp: Hi, I have taken photos every minute over a construction work over a long period and have them sorted per year, month and day on my hard drive. I'm thinking of doing a timelapse and want to pick out every file in each folder taken exact at 12.00 each day. How am I doing that,...
  5. Time stamps in ntbootlog

Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  6. .jpg file pictures corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...
  7. Dim Time stamp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Time stamp.: Time stamp on bottom right side screen is dim how do I brighten it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-time-stamp/37c17694-72fe-491b-924b-aaaaad768988
  8. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  9. How to change the format for file time stamps

How to change the format for file time stamps: Googling yielded only how to change the date itself. That is not what I want. I want theformat changed. Currently, file time stamp dates display as 2020-4-16. I want it to show as 16-04-2020 or 04-16-2020. The year is useless to me in the grand scheme of things. Going into...
  10. Date/Time Stamp

Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....