Windows 10: Time stops when idling

Discus and support Time stops when idling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey ! It has been a few days that, everytime i go to sleep or afk, the time stops and I have to set it back when I'm back ! For instance, yesterday i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koalashnikv, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Time stops when idling

Hey !
    It has been a few days that, everytime i go to sleep or afk, the time stops and I have to set it back when I'm back !
    For instance, yesterday i left at 0:12am and today the time was stuck at 00:50 or something like that. So what I did is go to time settings to uncheck then check again the "set automatically" button.
    I don't know what to do, I already tried to completely reset my pc but it didn't change anything to that problem ..
    Do you have any ideas ? *Huh

I hope my english is not so confused *Zip

:)

koalashnikv, Dec 22, 2015
  2. tkamil Win User

Windows 10 performance issue

I've also tracked the same issue down to ngen.exe, ngentask.exe and mscorsvw.exe. It appears to happen when the computer sits idle. Based on my research, ngen is supposed to kick in during idle times but the problem is that it doesn't stop when activity
    resumes.

Still looking for a solution...

tkamil, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Minoush67 Win User
    How does window 10 screen time counts the time left

How does windows 10 actually count or calculate screen time a located and left. Does it stop counting screen time whend the user is still logged in but idle? If so how does it know the user is idle?

I say this because it seems like my child's 2.5hrs of screen time is used up very quickly when he actually only 'actively' using the PC for a much shorter time.

Minoush67, Dec 22, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Time stops when idling

that shouldn't affect the time when computer is only sleeping

caperjack, Dec 23, 2015
  5. You MIGHT try setting an internet clockto update it. I prefer tick.usno.navy.mil.

They're the ones that keep the atomic clocks. The Windows default clock sucks.

DarkSentinel, Dec 23, 2015
  6. poolmon Win User
    This is a real shot in the dark, but do you have AOL Desktop installed? I installed the latest AOL Desktop on my WIN 7 pc and it affected the Windows clock. I rolled AOL back to a prior version and the clock worked fine again

poolmon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time stops when idling

1. Time stops when idling - Similar Threads - stops idling

2. Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...: I have had the same Windows 11freezing up when idle issues. Looking at event viewer to find the culprit I tried disabling Volume Shadow copy and BITS services and the freezing seems to have stopped. I think they should not be disabled. What should I do to further clear up...
  3. Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...: I have had the same Windows 11freezing up when idle issues. Looking at event viewer to find the culprit I tried disabling Volume Shadow copy and BITS services and the freezing seems to have stopped. I think they should not be disabled. What should I do to further clear up...
  4. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  5. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle: We have had our printer working fine, but whenever the computer is idle for a long period, or if there has been a restart, it stops working. When sending a print job, the printer wakes up, but does not print. The queue indicates the job was finished. Troubleshooter reveals no...
  6. printer stops working in Windows 10 after restart or being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  8. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  9. Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...: Hello, recently when I plug in my laptop CPU goes to it's boost clock ~3.4GHz and laptop heats up to 95-100C which causes throttling, on idle nothing open.When it runs off battery CPU is at it's normal clock, and the temps are greatI have tried:Clean BootChanging power...
  10. Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...

Processor speed non-stop at its boost speed when plugged in on idle, causing the laptop to...: Hello, recently when I plug in my laptop CPU goes to it's boost clock ~3.4GHz and laptop heats up to 95-100C which causes throttling, on idle nothing open.When it runs off battery CPU is at it's normal clock, and the temps are greatI have tried:Clean BootChanging power...