Windows 10: Time sync across servers

Discus and support Time sync across servers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running SBS 2011, Windows Server 2012, and about 15 client computers. They all look to the SBS for time. The server looks on time.windows.com and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Holyoke, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Time sync across servers

I am running SBS 2011, Windows Server 2012, and about 15 client computers. They all look to the SBS for time. The server looks on time.windows.com and i have no idea why

Lately, i notice a lot of PCs are lagging in minutes and it seems to get longer. What should i do and to which PC to make all the times the same. It will be Eastern Standard Time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

James Holyoke, Apr 25, 2020

2. Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Apr 25, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    Windows Time is constantly out of sync

Yeah that didn't last long. I got another error when trying to manually update, well, the same one. Even with this time server, the clock got out of sync. Any suggestions?

JOSHSKORN, Apr 25, 2020
  4. KaikuK Win User

Time sync across servers

Time sync not working

Hello,

For some reason time sync is not functioning correctly on my new laptop. I feel like for some reason it has something to do with permissions. So far I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but nothing seems to function. Due to inability to sync the time some
    online games that require timestamp certificates in order to function.

This problem has been ongoing since I took the laptop out of the box, but I briefly managed to somehow fix it. Now the fix doesn't work anymore tho. I will explain this later in more detail.

I've gone through this list How to fix Windows Time service not running on Windows 10 which includes

1. Perform SFC and DISM scans
      • These came out clean, no issues
    2. Set the Windows Time Service to automatic
      • This was set on automatic and it says "running" but still the time wont sync"
    3. Make sure that the Local System account starts the Windows Time service
      • I have set this as the local system account and the process starts normally without error messages. I managed to get the sync to work for one day by changing the "Log on" option from local system account to another account. Now it doesn't work anymore for
        some reason.
    4. Register the W32Time file again
      • Did this, No effect
    5. Check the Windows Time Service in the Task Scheduler
      1. Checked this, everything seems to be normal except for the fact that ForceSynchronizeTIme has Unspecified Error (0x80004005) as the last run result. However SynchronizeTIme
    6. Use a different time server
      • When trying to switch servers it gives the error that sync failed because request timed out. Same result for every server.
    7. Force Windows to sync the time
      • Does not work, cmd gives the following message: The computer did not resync because no time data was available.
    8. Use sc triggerinfo command
      • Did not work
    9. Check your motherboard battery
      • Battery is fine, don't think this is the issue since the laptop is brand new

If anyone would have any insights or suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

KaikuK, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Time sync across servers

1. Time sync across servers - Similar Threads - sync across servers

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019: Hey Guys, my Clients showing an incorrect Time. I tried to force the sync with Telling me. The service has not been started . But when i'm looking @ services it telling me its runningTried restart but didn't work either. Can you help me with this?Thx!...
  4. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  5. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  6. Stop time sync across installs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop time sync across installs: I have two separate installs of windows 10 on the same PC. I need one to work as a normal but the other I need to have at a different time/date permanently. When I this was dedicated PC for the different date version I had no issues but now with dual installs after restarts...
  7. Stop time sync across installs

Stop time sync across installs: I have two separate installs of windows 10 on the same PC. I need one to work as a normal but the other I need to have at a different time/date permanently. When I this was dedicated PC for the different date version I had no issues but now with dual installs after restarts...
  8. Stop time sync across installs

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  10. time server does not seem to be syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    time server does not seem to be syncing: ok, so, i have a bit strange problem: syncing with an internet time server manually does the trick of getting the correct time all the time, but then, next day I have another 2 hours missing on my windows clock and some other program have a strange behavior. for example...