Windows 10: Time sync error

Discus and support Time sync error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Time is consistently slow anywhere from 3-25 mins. Steps I've taken Changed the sync local from windows to nist gov(and every other option).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Daplinksta, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Time sync error

Time is consistently slow anywhere from 3-25 mins.
    Steps I've taken
    Changed the sync local from windows to nist gov(and every other option).
    Verified correct time zone/region.
    Unregistered and re-registered w32tm.
    Created a task that first runs windows time then runs sync and repeats the process every ten minutes.
    Checked time in command prompt against system time(cmos check) matched.
    Replaced the cmos battery anyway.
    Clean install of Win 10.
    Updated every driver verified no yellow? in device manager.
    I can manually fix the issue but I paid for windows and don't see why something as simple as a clock should require my attention on a daily(hourly) basis.
    I've put a lot of money into this PC and it may be petty but it drives me bat**** every time I look at the time and it's off by 2 mins to 3 hrs.
    I consider myself pretty windows savvy and am at wits end, any solution to the problem will be met with the warmest of welcomes.

:)

Daplinksta, Jan 4, 2016
  2. AmirM_123 Win User

Sync error in time

Thanks al lot.

however, can you be more specific on the 2nd link?

Is it something to install on my Outlook on the PC?

AmirM_123, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member

Time sync error

Your troubleshooting list is pretty complete, the only other thing I could ask you, is, are you possibly dual booting with a GNU/Linux distro?

Cliff S, Jan 4, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member
    OS is reading time from BIOS, doesn't have own clock, I suggest you BOOT just to BIOS and leave it there overnight for instance, enter BIOS and check time.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  5. @CountMike much obliged went into bios and the clock was at a deadstop....I restored defaults and it started tickin away....oddest thing I've ever seen. Had to redo my OC's but the damn clock is workin like a champ now. MANY thanks!

Daplinksta, Jan 6, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    No problems, happened to me too. Seen some clocks being very inaccurate too, just got to find cause/effect relationship.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time sync error

1. Time sync error - Similar Threads - sync error

2. Turned off OneDrive but keep seing sync errors and pending syncs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turned off OneDrive but keep seing sync errors and pending syncs: I turned off OneDrive because it was nearing the 5GB limit but now I keep seeing these obnoxious sync error and 'pending syncs' on my status bar, how can I get rid of them? I tried to hide the status bar but it keeps reappearing and it's driving me bonkers....
  3. Turned off OneDrive but keep seing sync errors and pending syncs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off OneDrive but keep seing sync errors and pending syncs: I turned off OneDrive because it was nearing the 5GB limit but now I keep seeing these obnoxious sync error and 'pending syncs' on my status bar, how can I get rid of them? I tried to hide the status bar but it keeps reappearing and it's driving me bonkers....
  4. Turned off OneDrive but keep seing sync errors and pending syncs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows time failing to sync and update error.: I updated my PC on the 15th of March and ever since then my windows date and time have been failing to syncing with the server, I have tried restarting windows time in services.msc but the issue persists. Moreover, when I went to investigate my windows update page, I found...
  6. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

Windows time failing to sync and update error.: I updated my PC on the 15th of March and ever since then my windows date and time have been failing to syncing with the server, I have tried restarting windows time in services.msc but the issue persists. Moreover, when I went to investigate my windows update page, I found...
  7. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  9. OneDrive Sync Error

OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  10. Azure device sync status shows error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure device sync status shows error: Hi Team,we have migarted the machines from ON-Prem Ad to Azure hybrid, some machine we are facing issye in device sync status, we have troubleshooted the issue with windows uptodate, bios updated and drivers updated, but still facing issue while sync the device, could you...