Windows 10: Time Sync Fails

Discus and support Time Sync Fails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed recently that time in my Windows wasn't very precise. I checked in settings and it seems like last successful time synchronization was:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ditendra, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Ditendra Win User

Time Sync Fails

Hi,

I noticed recently that time in my Windows wasn't very precise. I checked in settings and it seems like last successful time synchronization was: 2020-09-19. I clicked on "sync now" button, but it fails to sync. I tried to do same from Windows control panel, but still fail. How to fix this situation? Anyone with the same problem?

:)

Ditendra, Oct 7, 2020
  2. wivvy07 Win User

Sync fails from time to time

Hi there

I am current working for a company who have around 20 windows mobile email devices. We have a problem with what the boss calls 'Eternal Sync'. When the sync seems to go on and on. (We are syncing over the air by the way)

The only way to stop this is by resetting the device, and manually forcing the sync when the device restarts.

At the same time if the sync fails (error codes 0x8503001c and 0x8500000) the attachemtns become corrupt and need to be resent in order to open again.

There are work arounds to these problems as I have outlined, but we cannot expect Chief Execs and Directors to have to do this. I am wondering if there are patches or updates that we need to apply. Below is what we have set up:

• Windows Exchange 2003 SP2

• Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC

• Active Sync 4.2
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more info let me know

wivvy07, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Oct 7, 2020
  4. JOSHSKORN Win User

Time Sync Fails

Windows Time is constantly out of sync

Yeah that didn't last long. I got another error when trying to manually update, well, the same one. Even with this time server, the clock got out of sync. Any suggestions?

JOSHSKORN, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Time Sync Fails

1. Time Sync Fails - Similar Threads - Sync Fails

2. Windows time failed to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows time failed to sync: My clock is 1 hour ahead. Trying to sync it manually gives the error message "time synchronization failed" and trying to set the windows time server to "time.nist.gov" gives the error message: "An error occured while windows was synchronizing with 'time.nist.gov'. This...
  3. Windows time failed to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows time failed to sync: My clock is 1 hour ahead. Trying to sync it manually gives the error message "time synchronization failed" and trying to set the windows time server to "time.nist.gov" gives the error message: "An error occured while windows was synchronizing with 'time.nist.gov'. This...
  4. Windows time failed to sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows time failing to sync and update error.: I updated my PC on the 15th of March and ever since then my windows date and time have been failing to syncing with the server, I have tried restarting windows time in services.msc but the issue persists. Moreover, when I went to investigate my windows update page, I found...
  6. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

Windows time failing to sync and update error.: I updated my PC on the 15th of March and ever since then my windows date and time have been failing to syncing with the server, I have tried restarting windows time in services.msc but the issue persists. Moreover, when I went to investigate my windows update page, I found...
  7. Windows time failing to sync and update error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  9. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change: I cannot change password of Onedrive on taskbar because when clicked to sign in, it produces an error script and cannot see the credential screen to sig in with new ones,...
  10. Onedrive taskbar sync fails due to password change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security