Windows 10: Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

Discus and support Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I can only find information on how to setup time sync on a domain controller or on a domain joined pc. However I can not find information on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David_894, Aug 14, 2020.

1. David_894 Win User

Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

Hello.

I can only find information on how to setup time sync on a domain controller or on a domain joined pc.

However I can not find information on how to configure a standalone non domain joined nor domain controller Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012R2-2019 to connect to a specific ntp server and make sure that the system time is exactly right.

Then with what command can I check the delta beetwen the actual time and the time of the ntp server?

Thanks a lot

If it is not specific enough, because it varies too much because of the windows version please tell me about the config on server 2012r2

:)

David_894, Aug 14, 2020
  2. erictang5 Win User

How to maintain only 1 NTP server sycronization to the domain server & clients.

NTP Time services not standardise as to follow 1 Domain server instead of 3 other NTP time Servers

erictang5, Aug 14, 2020
  3. How to maintain only 1 NTP server sycronization to the domain server & clients.

Could you please elaborate your issue a bit so that I can assist you better ?

Thanks

Sanghati Barman, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

About Microsoft having public NTP server

I suggest Microsoft to start its own public NTP server, which can be used ny people for syncing computer clocks on networks where NTP ports ate blocked.

Their current server is protected and uses only selected ports for time syncing in OS.

However, if it starts using port 80 or 443 then it will be easy for people to sync on restricted or secured networks.

Kindly let me know if such thing already exists.

Thank you.

rajhanschinmay, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

1. Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server? - Similar Threads - Sync config standalone

2. Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019: Hey Guys, my Clients showing an incorrect Time. I tried to force the sync with Telling me. The service has not been started . But when i'm looking @ services it telling me its runningTried restart but didn't work either. Can you help me with this?Thx!...
  3. Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time not sync on Domain Windows Server 2019: Hey Guys, my Clients showing an incorrect Time. I tried to force the sync with Telling me. The service has not been started . But when i'm looking @ services it telling me its runningTried restart but didn't work either. Can you help me with this?Thx!...
  4. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  5. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  6. ntp server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  7. ntp server

ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  8. Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time: Hello, My Windows 10 installation fails to sync network time. It looks like the windows SNTP client uses UDP port 123 for both source and destination and my ISP is blocking local port 123 in all likelihood. NTP updates work on linux distros and I also tried a tool...
  9. Windows time not updating from local NTP server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows time not updating from local NTP server: Hi, I have an issue with my current Windows 10 machines Windows 10 version 18363.592 not updating times from a local NTP server on my network. I've set Windows to synchronise with an internet time server my local time server running on a fixed IP address 192.168.0.19, but...
  10. Windows 7 can't sync its time with NTP server running on a Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 can't sync its time with NTP server running on a Windows 10 PC: I am running an NTP server on a Windows 10 PC using the instructions at https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/creating-standalone-ntp-server-windows/. The w32tm query output on the server looks correct and shows the server is configured (see below), and the W32time service is...