Windows 10: Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

Discus and support Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I can only find information on how to setup time sync on a domain controller or on a domain joined pc. However I can not find information on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David_894, Aug 14, 2020.

1. David_894 Win User

Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

Hello.

I can only find information on how to setup time sync on a domain controller or on a domain joined pc.

However I can not find information on how to configure a standalone non domain joined nor domain controller Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012R2-2019 to connect to a specific ntp server and make sure that the system time is exactly right.

Then with what command can I check the delta beetwen the actual time and the time of the ntp server?

Thanks a lot

If it is not specific enough, because it varies too much because of the windows version please tell me about the config on server 2012r2

:)

David_894, Aug 14, 2020
  2. erictang5 Win User

How to maintain only 1 NTP server sycronization to the domain server & clients.

NTP Time services not standardise as to follow 1 Domain server instead of 3 other NTP time Servers

erictang5, Aug 14, 2020
  3. How to maintain only 1 NTP server sycronization to the domain server & clients.

Could you please elaborate your issue a bit so that I can assist you better ?

Thanks

Sanghati Barman, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

About Microsoft having public NTP server

I suggest Microsoft to start its own public NTP server, which can be used ny people for syncing computer clocks on networks where NTP ports ate blocked.

Their current server is protected and uses only selected ports for time syncing in OS.

However, if it starts using port 80 or 443 then it will be easy for people to sync on restricted or secured networks.

Kindly let me know if such thing already exists.

Thank you.

rajhanschinmay, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server?

1. Time Sync: How To config standalone windows non domain to use a ntp server? - Similar Threads - Sync config standalone

2. How to deal with Windows 10 using (non-configured) additional DNS servers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to deal with Windows 10 using (non-configured) additional DNS servers?: submitted by /u/GiveMeAnAlgorithm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i803mc/how_to_deal_with_windows_10_using_nonconfigured/
  3. Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is NTP client using local UDP port 123 - fails to sync time: Hello, My Windows 10 installation fails to sync network time. It looks like the windows SNTP client uses UDP port 123 for both source and destination and my ISP is blocking local port 123 in all likelihood. NTP updates work on linux distros and I also tried a tool...
  4. Time sync across servers

Time sync across servers: I am running SBS 2011, Windows Server 2012, and about 15 client computers. They all look to the SBS for time. The server looks on time.windows.com and i have no idea why Lately, i notice a lot of PCs are lagging in minutes and it seems to get longer. What should i do and to...
  5. Time Sync issues on Windows 10 domain joined machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Sync issues on Windows 10 domain joined machines: I have started with new issue in my environment with time sync. Most of the users have now started working from home and hardly connecting to corporate network either directly or over VPN due to some challenges at network end. Further Details: Operating System - Window 10...
  6. Windows time not updating from local NTP server

Windows time not updating from local NTP server: Hi, I have an issue with my current Windows 10 machines Windows 10 version 18363.592 not updating times from a local NTP server on my network. I've set Windows to synchronise with an internet time server my local time server running on a fixed IP address 192.168.0.19, but...
  7. One profile for Domain and non-domain

One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  8. Windows 7 can't sync its time with NTP server running on a Windows 10 PC

Windows 7 can't sync its time with NTP server running on a Windows 10 PC: I am running an NTP server on a Windows 10 PC using the instructions at https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/creating-standalone-ntp-server-windows/. The w32tm query output on the server looks correct and shows the server is configured (see below), and the W32time service is...
  9. time server does not seem to be syncing

time server does not seem to be syncing: ok, so, i have a bit strange problem: syncing with an internet time server manually does the trick of getting the correct time all the time, but then, next day I have another 2 hours missing on my windows clock and some other program have a strange behavior. for example...
  10. domain server problems

domain server problems: I have had windows 10 a couple weeks and if this issue had not starter a week before that I would blame 10. My internet cuts off at random times, sometimes just for seconds and sometimes I have to turn off modem and restart. At first the troubleshooter said dns problems,...