Windows 10: Time synchronization failed

Discus and support Time synchronization failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SebastianAL96, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Time synchronization failed

So I'm trying to get my time synced but it fails all the time. I have tryed using cmd commands "w32tm" ect. I have tryed changing "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\w32time\Parameters" and I have tryed changing CMOS battery on my motherboard. Nothing that I have tryed seems to work. I have seen some suggestions to use "dsa.msc" or "gpedit.msc" but I don't have that in Windows 10 Home. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

SebastianAL96, Nov 5, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows fails to synchronize with internet time - it times out

Hi,

You might have a different Date and Time configuration that's why your Windows fails to synchronize with
    Internet Time. To have this checked, try to change the server in your Internet Time Settings by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab: then, click on Change settings.
    • Try to change or choose the Server, tick on the Update now, and click on
      OK.

Let us know the results after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, Nov 5, 2021
  3. BobP3UX Win User
    Time Synchronization Task Scheduler Windows 10

Hi Kern

Tried all the steps you suggested but time is still not synchronizing with internet time via the normal GUI settings and running SynchronizeTime from Windows Task Scheduler returns code 2147943479.

What next?

Thanks,

Bob

BobP3UX, Nov 5, 2021
  4. GeorgeCOR Win User

Time synchronization failed

Task Scheduler and Synchronizing Across Time Zones fails

I am in the Eastern Time Zone which observes DST. I have Tasks that must be scheduled according to time in another Time zone that does NOT observe DST. I thought that checking the “Synchronize Across Time Zones” option box would do the trick, but that hasn’t worked. The tasks continue to be triggered according to my local time affected by DST, rather than one hour later to account for the reduced time difference.

Strangely, when I check the “Synchronize Across Time Zones” option, the “Next Run Time” under the Task Scheduler panel shows the correctly adjusted time, yet the task is still triggered at the time shown under “Triggers”. That is “Synchronize across Time zones” has no effect. See attached screen grab.

For context, the tasks record streamed audio programs from Egypt which which does not observe DST. So it is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time in winter, when No DST is in effect and only 6 hours ahead in the “summer”, ie. when DST is observed here. Until now, I changed the trigger times at every time change, but thought that “Synchronize across Time Zones” would apply the trigger time changes automatically, but clearly it doesn’t.
    So:

1. Why doesn’t it work in the way I set it up when even the “Next Run Time”s show the correct times?
    2. How is the “Synchronize across Time zones” option supposed to work since I clearly don’t understand enough to use it properly, and
    3. If I am taking a wrong approach to my problem, what is a better way?

Thanks

gc

PS: I saw at Defining Triggers - Windows 7 Tutorial that "Synchronize Across Time Zones" means "Configures the task to run using Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) instead of local time". I set a test trigger using UTC, but the task did not run.

GeorgeCOR, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Time synchronization failed

1. Time synchronization failed - Similar Threads - synchronization failed

2. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Synchronization Failed: I am trying to run some python scripts but I am getting error as below. Python Error: Discarding packet: The msg_id belongs to over 30 seconds in the future. Most likely the client time has to be synchronized.When checked further, I was told to sync my windows clock. However...
  3. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Synchronization Failed: I am trying to run some python scripts but I am getting error as below. Python Error: Discarding packet: The msg_id belongs to over 30 seconds in the future. Most likely the client time has to be synchronized.When checked further, I was told to sync my windows clock. However...
  4. Time Synchronization Failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 - Time synchronization failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Time synchronization failed: No sure why Windows time synchronization doesn't work at all for me.I have installed clean Windows 11 months ago and it never worked.ping time.windows.comPinging twc.trafficmanager.net [20.101.57.9] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 20.101.57.9: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=112Reply...
  6. Windows 11 - Time synchronization failed

Windows 11 - Time synchronization failed: No sure why Windows time synchronization doesn't work at all for me.I have installed clean Windows 11 months ago and it never worked.ping time.windows.comPinging twc.trafficmanager.net [20.101.57.9] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 20.101.57.9: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=112Reply...
  7. Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...: Hello,This past weekend I realized my computer's time is out even though it's configured to sync time automatically to time.windows.com. When I try to do a manual Time Sync I get the following error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry"...
  8. Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...

Windows 11 Time Sync Error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity...: Hello,This past weekend I realized my computer's time is out even though it's configured to sync time automatically to time.windows.com. When I try to do a manual Time Sync I get the following error: "Time synchronization failed please check network connectivity and retry"...
  9. Time synchronization failed time.windows.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time synchronization failed time.windows.com: So, as you may see sometimes is that your clock goes wrong and you try to synchronize Sorry I'm bad at English, I'm only a teen but it fails, what do you do? Well, I used time.windows.com but I switched to googles time zone instead since windows wouldn't sync. So I simply...
  10. Time synchronization failed time.windows.com

Time synchronization failed time.windows.com: So, as you may see sometimes is that your clock goes wrong and you try to synchronize Sorry I'm bad at English, I'm only a teen but it fails, what do you do? Well, I used time.windows.com but I switched to googles time zone instead since windows wouldn't sync. So I simply...