Windows 10: Time synchronization is wrong.

Discus and support Time synchronization is wrong. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Time zone and time are one hour early when set to automatic, even after synchronization. I already tried different servers: pool.ntp.org... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VespeGas, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Time synchronization is wrong.

Time zone and time are one hour early when set to automatic, even after synchronization.

I already tried different servers:

pool.ntp.org

time.windows.com

time.nist.gov

All of them are wrong. Real-time in my country is 12:00 while the sync shows 11:00

This causes problems in things like Whatsapp, Reddit, etc. when it shows something is older than it actually is.

submitted by /u/VespeGas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VespeGas, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 18, 2020
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Time synchronization is wrong.

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Time synchronization is wrong.

1. Time synchronization is wrong. - Similar Threads - synchronization wrong

2. after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?: in windows 11, after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?1. every time boot to OS?2. every day?3. launch browser?4. when connect internet? 5. or?I try to let system idle 3h, the time is still incorrect. and restart system many times, the time...
  3. after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?: in windows 11, after enable "Set time automatically", when will the time be synchronized?1. every time boot to OS?2. every day?3. launch browser?4. when connect internet? 5. or?I try to let system idle 3h, the time is still incorrect. and restart system many times, the time...
  4. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  5. How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...

How to synchronize my personalised handwriting recognition profile from Windows 7 to...: I have been using the Text Input Panel of Windows 7 to input Chinese handwriting for many years. I am going to buy a new Windows 11 PC. I know that Windows 11 has a similar but actually different handwriting input panel. I do not want to re-train the Windows 11 handwriting...
  6. How can I turn on password synchronization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn on password synchronization?: How can I turn on password synchronization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-password-synchronization/3e4359d9-e680-44b8-81c8-f272ecce6759
  7. How can I turn on password synchronization?

How can I turn on password synchronization?: How can I turn on password synchronization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-password-synchronization/3e4359d9-e680-44b8-81c8-f272ecce6759
  8. How can I turn on password synchronization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun

When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun: When I login my Microsoft Account . I am using Window 10, what all items are synchronized against My account below ?A. Internet Explorer favorites B. Microsoft Edge favorites C. Desktop background D. Accessibility options E. All of the above F. Only A, B, and C...
  10. When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I login My Microsoft account in May I know what item are synchronized against my accoun: When I login my Microsoft Account . I am using Window 10, what all items are synchronized against My account below ?A. Internet Explorer favorites B. Microsoft Edge favorites C. Desktop background D. Accessibility options E. All of the above F. Only A, B, and C...