Windows 10: Time to download Windows 10

Discus and support Time to download Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 has been downloading for 4 hrs. Is it normal? Best regards. 24077 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by turg, Sep 25, 2015.

1. turg Win User

Time to download Windows 10

Windows 10 has been downloading for 4 hrs. Is it normal?
    Best regards.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 takes time to download

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface.

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Executive, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXX

4. Where is this happening on the computer, Boot, Screen, App, etc

5. What error are you getting if any?

lacrumb, Sep 25, 2015
  3. SrgSnts Win User
    Windows 10 takes time to download

My Windows 10 take days to download 5Mb, yes, 5Mb!!!

Sometimes don't finish the donwload...

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SrgSnts, Sep 25, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Hi! May I ask what media you are using to down load W10??

donetao, Sep 25, 2015
  5. donetao Win User
    Hi! May I ask what media you are using to down load W10??

donetao, Sep 25, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I have a 1Mbps Internet connection and the download takes between 5 and 6 hours with the actual install another 1 to 1.5 hours. I set it to run overnight. I've done 14 Upgrades so far but 8 were on my own machines, 2 Desktops, 5 Notebooks and 1 Tablet. Others were for clients. All were Upgrades over either Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1. Most Upgrades were 64-bit but did have 2 32-bit.

I have yet to turn off the AntiVirus, most were the free AVG but did have to uninstall Avira on one computer as it kept freezing when trying to scan the C:\Windows.old Folder.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Time to download Windows 10 - Similar Threads - download

2. Downloading Launcher

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading Launcher: So I'm trying to download Steam game launcher and the laptop wants me to input the administrator password so it can verify I want to make changes to my device. Unfortunatley, I don't know the administrator password as I forgot it a while ago, and it won't let me reset it. If...
  3. Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing .cab download from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which went into the Download Folder: I successfully downloaded an Intel Graphics Update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, which automatically went into the "download file," as a long string of letters and numbers, which at the end says.cab, and has it the same size listed as was shown in the Microsoft Update...
  4. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...
  5. Can we download and install windows update of Version 1909 before installing version 1903

Can we download and install windows update of Version 1909 before installing version 1903: Can we download and install windows update of Version 1909 before installing version 1903 * Original title: Windows form https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-download-and-install-windows-update-of/adac8062-21a1-4f2c-9a1b-3de54ac42f9a
  6. Issue with MEGA file download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with MEGA file download: So I just had a problem after downloading a file from MEGA (about 43MB in mp3). The cpu usage skyrocketed after downloading, I couldnt right click that file or the pc would stop working. Other files werent an issue. I noticed super high cpu usage from windows search filter...
  7. Windows form download and install

Windows form download and install: Can we download and install windows update of Version 1909 before installing version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-form/adac8062-21a1-4f2c-9a1b-3de54ac42f9a
  8. Where/how can I download some of these windows main screen wallpapers to use as my default...

Where/how can I download some of these windows main screen wallpapers to use as my default...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TomRozTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp4i50/wherehow_can_i_download_some_of_these_windows/
  9. Unbelievably slow download speed on Master Chief Collection update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unbelievably slow download speed on Master Chief Collection update: Hello! I own MCC through the Game Pass, and today I encountered a problem where Microsoft Store told me I have an update for it. Problem is, it downloads at such a slow speed I may never even see it through:here. I would rather not have to download the entire game from...
  10. I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone

I need help! I have 2 Desktop folders and my Downloads folder is gone: [ATTACH] I was trying to delete a file from desktop because it keeps appearing every time i open my laptop. I made a mistake and open the properties of desktop then locations- then change it to downloads. Now my downloads turned into desktop. I have two desktops now. The...