Windows 10: Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

Discus and support Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 motherboard with 16g ram and i5-2500k processor, nvidia GTX 750 TI GPU. No overclocking. For several months now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tbyers31, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

I have an old Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 motherboard with 16g ram and i5-2500k processor, nvidia GTX 750 TI GPU. No overclocking. For several months now I think, my Windows 10 updates have been failing. Occasionally the GPU driver would crash and try to restart. When I tried updating the nvidia drivers, the install fails (with or without the GeForce Experience). I've run the Command Prompt commands to stop and start Windows Update with no success to the update. I've tried booting in Safe Mode and reinstalling Windows. No good. Noticed the second of my two USB controllers in Device Manager shows a failure. I've tried searching online for the update, manually updating using Intel's drivers, disabling/reenabling, deinstalling/reinstalling. About everything anyone can suggest on windows sites and youtube i've tried. My conclusion: bad mobo affecting usb hardware, which is causing windows to fail to update, which is causing the nvidia drivers to fail installation. Agree? Hardware? Software? Time to move on from this rig?

submitted by /u/tbyers31
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tbyers31, Apr 28, 2020
  2. sco907 Win User

Stuck CPU Frequency - Win10x64 intel i5 2500k

I just upgraded to Windows10 from 7, though I don't honestly know if this issue was caused by the upgrade, I noticed in task manager that CPU frequency was constantly being reported as 1.6GHz, despite the official 2500k speed being 3.3Ghz, and my motherboard
    having overclocked it to 4.2GHz.

Further testing has confirmed that this seems to be the case using the asus tools, open hardware monitor and cpuz.

I have tried un-overclocking the system, rebooting, changing the power seetings to high performance, nothing has changed this.

When I boot into linux with the same settings (using a different hard drive) the cpu speed scales up to 4.GHz and down just fine, so I do not think it is a hardware issue. And the temp never exceeds ~62C, with a max of 99C and the fans not even all the way
    reved up I don't think heat is a concern.

I have no stability issues. I am seeing slowdowns from having my processor run at almost 1/4 speed in Windows though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

All driver updates, windows updates, bios updates done

My system:

desktop

processor: intel i5 2500k

motherboard: asus P868-Z

Memory: 16 GB

sco907, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Nafrayu Win User
    2133Mhz RAM together with an i5-2500k

Thanks for the info! Can you go into more details though? Does this mean it doesn't really matter what intel says on their website about maximum memory frequency? I work in IT but don't do much hardware stuff so this interests me *Biggrin
    Thanks for the hint about QV Lists! My board is on there!

I have just bitten the bullet and bought the RAM, i'll report back with more info when i'm done trying it out!

Nafrayu, Apr 28, 2020
  4. bobjoe Win User

Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

Task Manager showing Intel Core i5-2500K operating at 5.29GHz??

Since I skipped Windows 8, I didn't get to use its new task manager.

But now that I'm on 10, I'm heavily enjoying this AMAZING new task manager.

However, I just noticed (not sure how I didn't see this before) that Task Manager is showing that my i5-2500K is running at 5.29GHz! I do have it overclocked to 4.2GHz @ ~1.31 volts. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I searched around a bit and I found that some other people have this problem with the i5-2500K and the Task Manager, but nobody really knows what it is.

Is this just Intel trying to get us to buy their new processors? *Think

Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K? [​IMG]

bobjoe, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

1. Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K? - Similar Threads - goodbye 2500K

2. Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning: HP Chromebook Laptop Setup New Laptop 8445 al rabat in open chrome app and type saudia.com type riyadh to new york https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-naif-batarfi-goodbye-omnya-bafarat-goodbye/a60a36e7-158b-47e7-9ead-e03bf2bc689a
  3. Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodbye Naif Batarfi Goodbye Omnya Bafarat Goodbye Lama Batarfi Goodbye Adult Home Cleaning: HP Chromebook Laptop Setup New Laptop 8445 al rabat in open chrome app and type saudia.com type riyadh to new york https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-naif-batarfi-goodbye-omnya-bafarat-goodbye/a60a36e7-158b-47e7-9ead-e03bf2bc689a
  4. Error Welcome Naif Batarfi or Error Goodbye Naif Batarfi and Error Welcome Goodbye All...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Welcome Naif Batarfi or Error Goodbye Naif Batarfi and Error Welcome Goodbye All...: Rfd6r7hitihdrfzr7ijdfsistur https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-welcome-naif-batarfi-or-error-goodbye-naif/20291cd1-d77a-4952-93d8-e37dac8ecd64
  5. Error Welcome Naif Batarfi or Error Goodbye Naif Batarfi and Error Welcome Goodbye All...

Error Welcome Naif Batarfi or Error Goodbye Naif Batarfi and Error Welcome Goodbye All...: Rfd6r7hitihdrfzr7ijdfsistur https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-welcome-naif-batarfi-or-error-goodbye-naif/20291cd1-d77a-4952-93d8-e37dac8ecd64
  6. Say goodbye to Windows' Mail and Calendar app and welcome the new Outlook for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Say goodbye to Windows' Mail and Calendar app and welcome the new Outlook for Windows: Next year, Microsoft will replace the default Mail and Calendar applications of its Windows operating system with the new Outlook for Windows application. Mail and Calendar were default applications when Microsoft launched Windows 10 in 2015 and they have been essential apps...
  7. Restore point more like infinite BSOD point and say goodbye to SSD at last strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point more like infinite BSOD point and say goodbye to SSD at last strike: My PC’s getting repaired by someone else so this shouldn’t be a problem anymore but I’m still curious why this happened to me multiple times. Basically after I reset my PC I always create a restore point before even updating my windows. Then after I updated all, I deleted my...
  8. Restore point more like infinite BSOD point and say goodbye to SSD at last strike

Restore point more like infinite BSOD point and say goodbye to SSD at last strike: My PC’s getting repaired by someone else so this shouldn’t be a problem anymore but I’m still curious why this happened to me multiple times. Basically after I reset my PC I always create a restore point before even updating my windows. Then after I updated all, I deleted my...
  9. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  10. Goodbye Winblows

Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346