Windows 10: Time unlocking an account

Discus and support Time unlocking an account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to Windows 10. I have multiple accounts for the different family members. I was wondering if there is a way to lock an account until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ibs2pid, May 23, 2020.

1. Time unlocking an account

So I just upgraded to Windows 10. I have multiple accounts for the different family members. I was wondering if there is a way to lock an account until a certain time. I would like to unlock the account at a certain time in the morning.

submitted by /u/ibs2pid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ibs2pid, May 23, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 23, 2020
  3. How to disable bitlocker auto unlock when my windows account password was changed?

How to prevent auto unlocking drives from my laptop when my windows password changed? Hack or change my account password to much more easy than decrypt disk, but why windows doesn't provide such functionality from the box? I looking for any scripts to auto unlock from powershell also.

I'm not going to "just disable unblock". It's very useful thing. I have too many things which starts from encrypted volume. I want to prevent access to my volume only just getting my account. If my system administrator account could be hacked, all sensitive data would be lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Login into your account
    2. Set up bitlocker, auto-unlock
    3. Restart PC and login into account
    4. Drive unlocked
    5. Logout from account (I switched off whole PC)
    6. Ask sysadmin to change your password to new one
    7. Login into your account with new password

Expected result: bitlocker drive locked

Actual result: drive unlocked

Georgy Grigoryev, May 23, 2020
  4. Time unlocking an account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Time unlocking an account

1. Time unlocking an account - Similar Threads - unlocking account

2. Can't Unlock Child Account on First Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Unlock Child Account on First Login: I am UNBELIEVABLY frustrated with the new account tools for Windows 10. I have created a child account. This required me to create an outlook email. I see no reason why this should be necessary, I have no interest in any of the features syncing things like screen time...
  3. Microsoft locked *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft locked *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they...: I was trying to log into OneDrive. I suspect Microsoft found an old OneDrive account that I had forgotten about. MSFT has locked the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account. To unlock it they want to text me a secret code. I don't have a phone. E-mail is not an...
  4. Unlock Administrator Account Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock Administrator Account Win 10: How do I unlock an administrator account on Win 10? I purchased the computer from my daughter and she nor my granddaughter remember the passwords. My daughter was the first owner but she allowed her daughter to use it and my granddaughter name appears on the startup screen...
  5. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC: I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small business. It will not accept any of the three Microsoft accounts I have. I can't even get to the internet or control panel -...
  6. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address: I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I continue to get “Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” I want to use an alternate email address to request a code! Please...
  7. Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive: Hi, Months ago I got my Microsoft account hacked, the same account used to register to my laptop (Dell Inspiron) running Windows 10. The computer stopped working just like that, my hard drive wasn't even recognize by my pc, I couldn't even refersh or reset it cause I needed...
  8. how do i unlock my silver and fit account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i unlock my silver and fit account?: how do I unlock my silver and fit account. it will take my user id but not my password . tried changing the password but couldn't due to lockout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-silver-and-fit-account/c4125a7c-5be8-4446-a9f7-760031a7e58d
  9. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  10. Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft outlook account restore - cannot provide enough details to unlock account: My Microsoft outlook account has been blocked and needs to be restored - I've tried several times to provide the details to unblock the account, but have been unable to. It's been several days and I desperately need to unblock this account. Please help. Or even give me the...