Windows 10: Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive

Discus and support Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a time warner router, came with the router when i subscribed to time warner. anyway, there are two USB ports on the router, i tried plugging in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eugchen, Oct 31, 2020.

1. eugchen Win User

Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive

i have a time warner router, came with the router when i subscribed to time warner. anyway, there are two USB ports on the router, i tried plugging in a regular USB drive into both the top and bottom 2 drives. i went and logged into the router, using 192.168.0.1. was able to see both USB drives on the router config, as shown in the screenshots. i then go onto windows explorer, network, and was told to enter in \\192.168.0.1 and i should see the shared USB drive, but i dont see it. anyone know what i should do next? im trying to see the USB drive over the network so i can copy files to it over the network. thanks.

Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive e33d3e42-9939-42cc-8134-dff6f5d839c6?upload=true.jpg Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive a3d23b4c-1723-4a29-9c1d-795ca3e2333b?upload=true.jpg Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive eb218e03-e8a0-40a2-ae82-a1e41e2ac577?upload=true.jpg Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive 49a90003-1d1d-4d89-8117-c0bc11210f7e?upload=true.jpg

:)

eugchen, Oct 31, 2020

2. time warner 651.

651 is solved after 7 calls to time warner 1 to Microsoft and 2 to HP including a conference call with time warner it turns out 651 is a Winsock issue.

It only took 8 days to figure out.

Amazing.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

AjaxWhiteWolf, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    usb drive not recognized

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get an error, ‘USB device not recognized’ when connecting a USB drive. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Does the issue occur with only one USB drive?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
      Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to try plugging the USB to a different USB port and check if that helps. You can also try connecting the USB to a different computer and check.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Error: “USB Device not recognized" when you try to access
    a USB external hard drive
    except Method 1 & 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive - Similar Threads - Warner Router wont

2. USB drive in router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive in router: I notice this topic has come up before but my symptoms are a bit different. I have a USB stick in the port on my router. This is recognised and mapped on a desktop and two laptops. On one laptop, the drive is sometimes unavailable. Maybe for a couple of days. And then...
  3. usb drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not recognized: Microsoft updated my win10 then shut down my computer. I have just loaded their crippling mode s and am trying to download Linux from usb but computer down not seem to recognize there is a usb drive plugged in....
  4. USB Drive Not Recognized

USB Drive Not Recognized: Hi, I have a USB drive that is not showing up in file explorer. Just yesterday it was working fine, but when I plugged it into my computer today, it is not showing up. I've tried updating and reinstalling the drivers from device manager and restarting my computer, but that...
  5. computer not recognizing usb drive

computer not recognizing usb drive: my computer stopped recognizing my usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-recognizing-usb-drive/087d0d1a-104a-4f04-81e1-ca3c40e89ca5
  6. Router cloud drive not recognized

Router cloud drive not recognized: I have an Asus router with a USB drive attached as a cloud drive. I updated Windows 10 to some updated files. I can connect to the router using a browser. I see in file explorer a device that looks like it is disk on the Asus router. When I click it, it opens the browser for...
  7. Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.

Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.: I just moved about a week ago. Today Spectrum came to install my new service. Sadly, it's not all that good. I had been paying for their 60Mbps service. With this move and new modem (Arris TM 1602A) and router (Sagemcom Fast 5260) I thought I would be set because now for the...
  8. USB drives not recognized

USB drives not recognized: After recent update USB drives are not recognized; tried 3 separate ones. There is a sound when plugged in / taken out. The drives work OK on other computers. USB keyboard and hub work. Connected to hub printer, scanner and cordless mouse work. Device manager shows no faults...
  9. usb on router

usb on router: hi need help - up to last version of windows 10 (14905) , windows recognized a hard drive (usb) attached to my router with the latest version , windows refuses to recognize the router , even though i am connected t the router. I have a netgear r7000 with a usb hard drive....
  10. USB Drive No Longer Recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive No Longer Recognized?: Hey everyone! So, I've been running into a weird situation and I was hoping to run into some clarification on what I could do to fix the problem. I got a 128GB Flash Drive which I proceeded to install a portable, bootable Fedora install on. Of course, naturally, since...