Windows 10: time.windows.com times out

Discus and support time.windows.com times out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i just bought a laptop with windows 10 home preloaded. Right off the bat I noticed the time was set wrong. I verified 'Set time automatically' is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vdot, May 5, 2019.

1. Vdot Win User

time.windows.com times out

i just bought a laptop with windows 10 home preloaded. Right off the bat I noticed the time was set wrong. I verified 'Set time automatically' is turned on, the time zone is correctly set to Pacific Time. I went to

Date, Time & Regional setting menu,

then to Additional date, time & regional settings,

then Set time and date,

then in Internet time tab,

then Change settings...

where Synchronize with an internet time server was checked and the server was noted as time.windows.com.

Tried Update now button next to it and after a few seconds, I got the message the server timed out. However, it also said the clock was successfully synchronized just a moment earlier. Time seems to be set correctly now, but the error was disconcerting. Also, no explanation why this didn't happen automatically when I first started the laptop.

:)

Vdot, May 5, 2019

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your Windows Time, we would like to know the follow:

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, may we know what are those troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried checking the CMOS battery? It provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip. This chip stores information about the system configuration, including the date and time. If no, we suggest that you replace the battery.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 5, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. time.windows.com times out - Similar Threads - com times

2. How to fix this error code each time I try log on to office,com with chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this error code each time I try log on to office,com with chrome: Hello,Each time I try to log on to Microsoft web site office.com using Chrome I have this error code Ref A: A4B3A5DEF1C5415D90A3BFAE3F86F886 Ref B: BLUEDGE2014 Ref C: 2024-01-25T03:49:14Z and it's impossible to log on. When I try with Edge browser, I have no problem to log...
  3. How to fix this error code each time I try log on to office,com with chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix this error code each time I try log on to office,com with chrome: Hello,Each time I try to log on to Microsoft web site office.com using Chrome I have this error code Ref A: A4B3A5DEF1C5415D90A3BFAE3F86F886 Ref B: BLUEDGE2014 Ref C: 2024-01-25T03:49:14Z and it's impossible to log on. When I try with Edge browser, I have no problem to log...
  4. Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...: I'm using USB to serial adapter to connect an arm7-based evaluation board. This serial port helps me to program the said microcontroller using a utility called "ARMWSD". I was able to successfully do the said operation on Windows 10 without any problem, but in Windows 11, the...
  5. Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...

Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...: I'm using USB to serial adapter to connect an arm7-based evaluation board. This serial port helps me to program the said microcontroller using a utility called "ARMWSD". I was able to successfully do the said operation on Windows 10 without any problem, but in Windows 11, the...
  6. Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Com port works for the first time and then could not be opened in Windows 11. Unplug and...

8. COM exe does not get scheduled CPU Cycles for a very long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM exe does not get scheduled CPU Cycles for a very long time: We have a COM exe, it has a logging mechanism which takes the timestamp from the stack and passes it to another app via pipe. This application is quite old, but very stable and robust. almost 12 years in market. Visual Studio 2005. Target' Win 7 and Win 10. Both on Win...
  9. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory Space unnaturally every time when laptop turned on

COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory Space unnaturally every time when laptop turned on: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  10. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time: Been trying to find out what is causing this BSOD unhandled system thread exception dxgmms2.sys for a long time now and I think I know what is causing it, just don't know how to fix it. So for 5 years I have been seeing the following issue popup in the vent viewer and...