Windows 10: Time zone and active hours problem

Discus and support Time zone and active hours problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA. my time zone setting is as in fig below. [img] Timezone and time set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2019.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Time zone and active hours problem

I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA.
    my time zone setting is as in fig below.

Time zone and active hours problem [​IMG]

Timezone and time set auto. Further it shows time zone as India.

Now coming to active hours. I use it 05:00 to 20:00.
    Set active hours as 06:00 to 18:00
    But MS suggests as follows in pic below as if I am using between 17:00 to 06:00.

Time zone and active hours problem [​IMG]

Why it happens?
    What to do?

:)

lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2019

2. What time zone is active hours set to because it isn't sent to my computer's time zone?

What time zone is active hours set to? Because it sure isn't set to the time zone I'm working in or my computer's clock. Despite repeatedly checking that I have the active hours on for when I am working - and actively using my PC during those hours, Windows
    keeps updating during my active hours. As I work on a VPN client which slows an already slow internet even further, this means my computer slows to a halt and I then spend the next half hour or so fighting in Task Manager to stop the updates (which keep restarting!!!!).
    This appears to be a longstanding issue on the forum - is it ever going to be fixed?

flusterredduck, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Time zone and active hours problem

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Time zone and active hours problem

1. Time zone and active hours problem - Similar Threads - zone active hours

2. time zone problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    time zone problems: I recently moved from the East coast to Houston from the Eastern Time Zone to the Central Time Zone. I am unable to get my desktop running Windows 11 to consistently switch and remain on the central time zone. I am able to temporarily set the time zone to central either by...
  3. time zone problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    time zone problems: I recently moved from the East coast to Houston from the Eastern Time Zone to the Central Time Zone. I am unable to get my desktop running Windows 11 to consistently switch and remain on the central time zone. I am able to temporarily set the time zone to central either by...
  4. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  5. Time Zone

Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  6. Dual Time Zone Setting Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Time Zone Setting Problem: I have been trying to setup a dual time zone on my laptop as I needed to work on different time zones throughout the day. I use UTC +0800 as my major time zone and I would like to setup another display time as UTC +1030. However, the time displayed is UTC +1100 instead of...
  7. Dual Time Zone Setting Problem

Dual Time Zone Setting Problem: I have been trying to setup a dual time zone on my laptop as I needed to work on different time zones throughout the day. I use UTC +0800 as my major time zone and I would like to setup another display time as UTC +1030. However, the time displayed is UTC +1100 instead of...
  8. Problem with time zone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with time zone: Hello Microsoft team, I have disabled windows time at services and I don't now how to enable it now, I have tried many ways but didn't work. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-time-zone/f6a2a659-8b64-4825-974b-3d95f27b1b03
  9. Time Zones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  10. Problem with time zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with time zone: [ATTACH] Hello so i recenly reinstalled my windows and made wrong choice at time zone's and i got US time zone and i can't change it to EU time zone there's only UTC not GMT...