Windows 10: Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

Discus and support Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; GREETINGS Time Zone on my Carbon X1 keeps reverting to Pacific and should be Eastern. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PoshJ, Aug 29, 2019.

1. PoshJ Win User

Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

GREETINGS

Time Zone on my Carbon X1 keeps reverting to Pacific and should be Eastern. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends where i am) usually after my notebook (Lenovo X1 Carbon) wakes up.

Method 1:

Check the status of Windows time service.

a. In the desktop window, Press windows key + R

b. Type services.msc in run window.

c. From the services window find 'windows time' and double click on it.

d. If service status is stopped, click on start and press ok.

Method 2:

Check if the correct time is set in the BIOS from the device manual.

If you are not comfortable accessing the BIOS, please contact the device manufacturer.

If you still have issues, contact the computer manufacturer and get the CMOS battery check.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause

NEITHER OF THE METHODS ABOVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE - IT PERSISTS. PLEASE HELP

:)

PoshJ, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Albs095 Win User

Windows Time Zone Changes to: (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

Every day I turn my computer on I have to change the timezone on my computer from (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna to my real one. I click apply every time and for about 6 hours it works fine. I notice sometimes through the day
    the time is wrong again and the time zone is reverted back to (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.

I have browsed the forums and done some things to see if it helps such as going to the Run Command and typing in services.msc. and going under windows time and making the startup time automatic.

This issue has become very tiresome and tedious to deal with

ANY help to solve this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much

Albs095, Aug 29, 2019
  3. tcebob Win User
    Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect

If you right click on the time at the right end of the taskbar you will have an opportunity to adjust the date and time. However, I checked that and something is screwy about the zone settings list. I live in Florida, USA -- Eastern Time Zone but the settings say (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). It seems something is amiss in the program. I'm going to post a query about that. Meanwhile, if your time display looks OK I suggest you leave it alone. Windows 10 is full of holes and I believe that MS will fix them eventually. I also believe in world peace and the Tooth Fairy.

tcebob, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

Work around for Google calendar entries being one hour off

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

If you are connecting to Google Calendar with the CalDAV protocol and you are in a time zone that uses Daylight Savings Time, when you enter a new calendar entry from Windows Phone 8, that calendar entry may be one hour off.

As a work around, you can change the time zone on your phone to the closest time zone that does not use Daylight Savings Time.

This problem has been addressed in Windows Phone 8.1

Details

There is problem when you create a calendar entry on your phone for a Google Calendar, where the time for that event on the Calendar is one hour off. The problem occurs when you connect to Google calendar using the CalDAV protocol
    and appears to be connected to how daylight savings time was defined in some of the time zone definitions on Windows Phone 8. This problem has been addressed in Windows Phone 8.1

If you are connecting to Google GMail and Calendar using EAS, this problem does not occur. Since Google has deprecated their use of EAS, the default for Windows Phone 8 since
    the GDR2 update is to connect to GMail using the
    IMAP
    protocol and to connect to Google Calendar with CalDav.

A work around would be to change your phone's timezone to use a timezone that does not use Daylight Savings Time (DST). Microsoft has a list of non-DST time zones under Knowledge Base Article
    KB982987
    . The following zones are listed in that article:

• (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time
    • (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik
    • (UTC+01:00) West Central Africa
    • (UTC+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
    • (UTC+03:00) Baghdad
    • (UTC+03:00) Kuwait, Riyadh
    • (UTC+03:00) Nairobi
    • (UTC+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat
    • (UTC+04:00) Port Louis
    • (UTC+04:00) Tbilisi
    • (UTC+04:30) Kabul
    • (UTC+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi
    • (UTC+05:00) Tashkent
    • (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
    • (UTC+05:30) Sri Jayawardenepura
    • (UTC+05:45) Kathmandu
    • (UTC+06:00) Astana
    • (UTC+06:00) Dhaka
    • (UTC+06:30) Yangon (Rangoon)
    • (UTC+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
    • (UTC+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong, Urumqi
    • (UTC+08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
    • (UTC+08:00) Perth
    • (UTC+08:00) Taipei
    • (UTC+08:00) Ulaanbaatar
    • (UTC+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
    • (UTC+09:00) Seoul
    • (UTC+09:30) Darwin
    • (UTC+10:00) Brisbane
    • (UTC+10:00) Guam, Port Moresby
    • (UTC+11:00) Magadan, Solomon Is., New Caledonia
    • (UTC+12:00) Coordinated Universal Time+12
    • (UTC+13:00) Nuku'alofa
    • (UTC-01:00) Cape Verde Is.
    • (UTC-02:00) Coordinated Universal Time-02
    • (UTC-03:00) Buenos Aires
    • (UTC-03:00) Cayenne, Fortaleza
    • (UTC-04:00) Georgetown, La Paz, Manaus, San Juan
    • (UTC-04:30) Caracas
    • (UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito
    • (UTC-06:00) Central America
    • (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan
    • (UTC-07:00) Arizona
    • (UTC-10:00) Hawaii
    • (UTC-11:00) Coordinated Universal Time-1
    • (UTC-12:00) International Date Line West
    As noted in the KB article, this list is current as August, 2010. The list on your phone may not have all of the same values.

For example, if your time zone is Eastern European Time (EET), you are are 2 hours ahead of UTC, or UTC-02:00. You would want to use a UTC-02:00 time zone from the list above. For UTC-02:00, that would be "Harare,
    Pretoria
    ". After changing the time zone, you may need to change the time to reflect your local time. After making this change, calendar times for new events created from your phone should be listed correctly on Google Calendar.

How to check to see if you are connecting with CalDAVOn Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
    Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends... start-icon-settings.png

• Tap email+accounts

• Tap your GMail or Google Apps account

• Scroll down and check the value of the Incoming email server field. If that field starts with "imap", then you are using IMAP for GMail and CalDAV for Google Calendar.

To change the time zone:

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
      Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends... start-icon-settings.png

• Tap Date+time.

• Turn off Set automatically.

• Set the correct values for Time zone, Date, and Time.
    Caveats:

When you manually set the time zone, your phone will no longer be retrieving the current time and date information from your mobile operator. If you are travelling and you cross time zones, your phone's time will not reflect the difference in time zones.

Christopher Miller, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

1. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends... - Similar Threads - Zone changes always

2. How to change time zone from UTC to UK time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change time zone from UTC to UK time: How to change time zone from UTC to UK Standard time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-time-zone-from-utc-to-uk-time/febaa38c-117f-494b-9d34-04c4ae2f4c7b
  3. How to change time zone from UTC to UK time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change time zone from UTC to UK time: How to change time zone from UTC to UK Standard time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-time-zone-from-utc-to-uk-time/febaa38c-117f-494b-9d34-04c4ae2f4c7b
  4. Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00: in Syria decided to stop using daylight saving UTC+2:00 and to permanently use the summer time UTC+3:00, However on office apps and windows time the Time zone is still set to UTC+2:00 which results in issues with time on laptops and the meeting on office calandersSo is there...
  5. Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00: in Syria decided to stop using daylight saving UTC+2:00 and to permanently use the summer time UTC+3:00, However on office apps and windows time the Time zone is still set to UTC+2:00 which results in issues with time on laptops and the meeting on office calandersSo is there...
  6. Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00

7. Will there be any changes to Amman time zone on Office 365 from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00 due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be any changes to Amman time zone on Office 365 from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00 due to...: In Jordan the government decided to stop using daylight saving UTC+2:00 and to permanently use the summer time UTC+3:00, However on O365 the Time zone is still set to UTC+2:00 which results in issues with Microsoft Teams Meetings.So is there is any plans for Microsoft to...
  8. Will there be any changes to Amman time zone on Office 365 from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00 due to...

Will there be any changes to Amman time zone on Office 365 from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00 due to...: In Jordan the government decided to stop using daylight saving UTC+2:00 and to permanently use the summer time UTC+3:00, However on O365 the Time zone is still set to UTC+2:00 which results in issues with Microsoft Teams Meetings.So is there is any plans for Microsoft to...
  9. What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...
  10. What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...