Windows 10: Time Zone not updating

Discus and support Time Zone not updating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently traveled and brought my laptop with me. To get it to update time zones, I had to force sync it, and it worked fine. I just got home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherMiller7, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Time Zone not updating

I recently traveled and brought my laptop with me. To get it to update time zones, I had to force sync it, and it worked fine. I just got home, however, and the time zone will not update. I force sync it, and it goes to the time zone I just left. I manually set the time zone, but it always reverts when I exit the settings. Because of this, some of my applications aren't working. Even when I just change the time, it won't work. Please help me.

:)

ChristopherMiller7, Jul 13, 2020

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Time Zone not updating

Time Zone

Hello Faizan,

For us to be able to isolate your concern on how to change from UTC time zone to GMT time zone, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Time Zone not updating

1. Time Zone not updating - Similar Threads - Zone updating

2. When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?: Astana is now UTC+5 but windows still says it's +6. How long it takes to update such simple setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-update-astana-time-zone/4fc60660-b48a-4e9a-b73a-04bf61f0f5f9
  3. When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?: Astana is now UTC+5 but windows still says it's +6. How long it takes to update such simple setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-update-astana-time-zone/4fc60660-b48a-4e9a-b73a-04bf61f0f5f9
  4. Why does IPv6 interfere with Automatic Time Zone update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does IPv6 interfere with Automatic Time Zone update: We have run in to issues with the Automatic TimeZone update for our users that travel. Either the time zone does not update at all or it gets stuck in an incorrect time zone. Manual setting will allow you to change, but as soon as you turn the automatic setting back on, it...
  5. Why does IPv6 interfere with Automatic Time Zone update

Why does IPv6 interfere with Automatic Time Zone update: We have run in to issues with the Automatic TimeZone update for our users that travel. Either the time zone does not update at all or it gets stuck in an incorrect time zone. Manual setting will allow you to change, but as soon as you turn the automatic setting back on, it...
  6. Why does IPv6 interfere with Automatic Time Zone update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update: is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time ,as i found the update change the time with out changing the time zone...
  8. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update: is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time ,as i found the update change the time with out changing the time zone...
  9. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 incorrectly update time zone in Wifi network when set to auto: Dear Team,We have a resort with Aruba AP access point deployed. When users are connected to Wifi it is showing incorrect time with time and timezone set to auto in the laptop. With wired network it is showing the correct time with auto time settings. We have not configured...