Windows 10: Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Discus and support Time zone resets to Pacific automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoDisplayNamesEvenMatter, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my time zone. When I close and reopen the settings window for Date and Time, it has reverted to Pacific Time. Attempts to get my time from PowerShell have shown that it is stuck in Pacific time zone and does not change when I select a new time zone. Enabling Windows Time has not helped either. A scan of my device has shown that it was not in any way corrupted.

I am running the most updated version of Windows 10 Home and my location settings are disabled. Enabling my location has not resolved the problem.

:)

DoDisplayNamesEvenMatter, Jun 13, 2020
  2. CFugate Win User

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the
    time zone, then reset the time zone and reset Windows, it still resets. Please help me out

CFugate, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Jun 13, 2020
  4. jeffrey Win User

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Automatic Time Zone Bug?

Anyone else have the bug where "set time zone automatically" incorrectly chooses UTC +0:100 Amsterdam?
    I just installed KB4100403 on both of my computers, both exhibited the exact same issue. My correct time zone is -0:800 Pacific Time, for reference.

jeffrey, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

1. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically - Similar Threads - zone resets Pacific

2. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  3. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  4. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  5. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  6. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  7. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

8. Time zone not automatically setting

Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...
  9. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual: I saw other posts discussing this issue, but was unable to find an appropriate resolution. I recently reloaded Windows 10 on this system yesterday. It is set to obtain the time automatically, but set time zone manually. I am unable to set the time zone to UTC-06:00 Central...
  10. Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time: I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the time zone, then reset...