Windows 10: Time zone

Discus and support Time zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change from Central Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone on my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BooYX, Aug 5, 2019.

1. BooYX Win User

Time zone

How do I change from Central Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone on my computer?

:)

BooYX, Aug 5, 2019

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Ellen22 Win User

Time zone

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Time zone

1. Time zone - Similar Threads - zone

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...: My date and time seWhen I went to my dttings I noticed my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 I live in Australia. I can only manually change the time zone to the correct one -UTC+10 When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to the incorrect zone...
  5. When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...

When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...: My date and time seWhen I went to my dttings I noticed my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 I live in Australia. I can only manually change the time zone to the correct one -UTC+10 When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to the incorrect zone...
  6. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  7. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  8. Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia and South Africa. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list? Why is there no logic...
  9. Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?

Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia and South Africa. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list? Why is there no logic...
  10. Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia. South Africa is missing its capital. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list?...