Windows 10: Time zone

Discus and support Time zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change from Central Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone on my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BooYX, Aug 5, 2019.

1. BooYX Win User

Time zone

How do I change from Central Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone on my computer?

:)

BooYX, Aug 5, 2019

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Ellen22 Win User

Time zone

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Time zone

1. Time zone - Similar Threads - zone

2. When can you allow the taskbar to display two different time zones at the same time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When can you allow the taskbar to display two different time zones at the same time?: When can you allow the taskbar to display two different time zones at the same time? I think it is a very useful function for a lot of people who need to know the time in different countries. It's a little silly to need a click to see those time....
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Time Zone tool?: Is there a tool that can appear to have an option to change the time zone during Windows 10 install? Creating an answer file is complicated for me, so I need like a GUI configuration tool during the install phase. Even if I use the TZUTIL command and set the time zone to be...
  4. I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST: I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-time-readout-to-agreed-with-my-time-zone/74f4224a-b3fa-4cc9-8ddc-7357123e5a6d
  5. Cannot change time zone

Cannot change time zone: When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying "Your changes can not be saved " I tried a lot but cant do anything Plz plz help...
  6. Time zone and active hours problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone and active hours problem: I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA. my time zone setting is as in fig below. [img] Timezone and time set auto. Further it shows time zone as India. Now coming to active hours. I use it 05:00 to 20:00. Set active hours as 06:00 to...
  7. Time Zone setting script during installation?

Time Zone setting script during installation?: Is there any way to insert a script to the Windows 10 setup file telling Windows setup to use UTC Time Zone? I only need the time zone settings and nothing else. I have a bootable USB flash drive created with Media Creation Tool. 134560
  8. why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?: There may be an easy answer - if so, grateful if you could please share - but it doesn't seem so. I've tried the obvious things repeatedly. This is insane as all map apps (apple, google) reliably know where one's device is. What's so hard for windows? Incredibly...
  9. Got "DNS server not authoritative for zone." error when use cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got "DNS server not authoritative for zone." error when use cmd: Sometime when I try to run a cmd command, it shows a error like this: [ATTACH] I tried to run sfc /scannow, but there are no errors were found [ATTACH] I tried to run chkdsk /f too, but there are still no errors were found. I even re-install my window but it's was no use....
  10. MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?: Is there any way to get Win10 installer to prompt for time zone when using a USB drive installer made by the Media Creation Tool? Every time I clean install, the time seems to get set from my CPU clock, but the time zone is always set to Pacific time - Is this because I...