Windows 10: Time Zone

Discus and support Time Zone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomasW11, Apr 14, 2022.

1. TomasW11 Win User

Time Zone

Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas

:)

TomasW11, Apr 14, 2022

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2022
  3. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Time Zone

Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Time Zone

1. Time Zone - Similar Threads - Zone

2. Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia and South Africa. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list? Why is there no logic...
  3. Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia and South Africa. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list? Why is there no logic...
  4. Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia. South Africa is missing its capital. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list?...
  5. Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?

Why are some countries not represented in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia. South Africa is missing its capital. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list?...
  6. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  7. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  8. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?: Astana is now UTC+5 but windows still says it's +6. How long it takes to update such simple setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-update-astana-time-zone/4fc60660-b48a-4e9a-b73a-04bf61f0f5f9
  10. When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?

When will Microsoft update Astana Time Zone?: Astana is now UTC+5 but windows still says it's +6. How long it takes to update such simple setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-update-astana-time-zone/4fc60660-b48a-4e9a-b73a-04bf61f0f5f9