Windows 10: Timed autologin or autologin override

Discus and support Timed autologin or autologin override in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a way to set a timed autologin for MSWin 10? I know you can do an immediate autologin, but nothing for adelayed login such as waiting 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JELaBarre, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JELaBarre Win User

Timed autologin or autologin override

Is there a way to set a timed autologin for MSWin 10? I know you can do an immediate autologin, but nothing for adelayed login such as waiting 10 seconds to allow you to select a different user. It shouldn't be that hard, Linux has been able to do this forYEARS now, under multiple display/login managers.

Barring that if MS' code is so crufty they can't do a timed login then how about a way to force it to bypass the autologin. Supposedly you could hold the shift key at startup and it would let you do this, but like much of the rest of MSWin this is broken/non-functional.

:)

JELaBarre, Mar 17, 2020
  2. zoranr64 Win User

Autologin screen

With autologin in system , autologin screen is not choosen one, but randomly. I setup logon screen but during logging that is not choosen picture.I use autologin because I am only user

zoranr64, Mar 17, 2020
  3. boostedz Win User
    windows 10 autologin problem

I work for IT for a college and have been having a problem with autologin (through domain accounts) not consistently working. We had it on some of our windows 10 (1507) computers and last month it suddenly just stopped. Ever since then I have been having
    problems getting it working. I have tried the registry method (defaultusername / defaultpassword, etc) and the sysinternals autologin program. After doing either of these I will restart and the computer will not autologin- after booting up I will get to the
    login screen and the username of what I tried to autologin with will appear on the left beneath the last logged in account. If i click on it the username field will ask for a microsoft email to login with (have to click on sign-in options and change it to
    domain login).

I have read all kinds of articles online trying to fix this but nothing is working. I have updated machines to 1607 or 1803, deleted the autologoncount registry value, disabled wifi adapter when possible, have made account a local admin, took machines off
    our domains then have readded - nothing will work.

The only way I have been able to get machines to autologin is to reimage them with one of our SCCM images (which is on 1607) and use the autologin tool within the first couple logins. Really looking for suggestions on how to get autologin back working without
    having to go this route.

boostedz, Mar 17, 2020
  4. RonM222 Win User

autologin

I am having trouble with my logon into Windows 10. I had different passwords for my Microsoft

account and desktop computer. I finally got that straigtened out. I had two user accounts on the

desktop: one administrator account (Ronald Morris) I use all the time and one administrator

account (Ron2) for emergency, both with the same password (and same as my Microsoft

Account). Anytime I restarted it insisted on bringing up the emergency user on the login screen. I

had autologin turned on but it says “The username or password is incorrect. Try again” The

passwords for both accounts are the same. When I manually enter the password I login just fine.

Either account. It appears it is picking up some unknown password from someplace?? Some of

the Gurus at our Green Valley Computer Club suggested I delete the emergency account. I had

thought about that but was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to log in at all. But they assured me I

would. Incidentally I used REGEDIT (very carefully) to check the autologin and it was

incomplete, wrong user and no password even though I had set it up in the control panel. So I

corrected that but it still didn’t work. I did delete the emergency Ron2 account. Then when I

rebooted there were 2 accounts. One was Ronald Morris (with my picture as before) and another

new one, Ronald Morris, with a gray background and the default picture icon (circle on top of and

upside down semicirle) and the same “incorrect password” error. But the one with the default

picture icon has a truly unknown password. I have no idea what that account is. It doesn’t show

up in user accounts or manage another account. But manual login on Ronald Morris with my

picture works just fine.

I need the autologin. The computer downloads the data from my weather station and uploads it to

Weatherunderground on the internet. If the computer reboots automatically ( like after one the the

Microsoft no choice updates ) Windows hangs up at the invalid password the weather station is

out of service and no updates to Weatherunderground until I return home.

I need to fix this but have no idea how.

RonM222, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Timed autologin or autologin override - Similar Threads - Timed autologin autologin

2. Windows 10 Autologin stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Autologin stopped: Don't know what happened, but we have lost the ability to set a PC to autologin in the AD. I checked my other GPOs to see if there was anything overwriting but can't find anything or I'm overlooking it. The last GPO has the following registry...
  3. Windows 10 Autologin stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Autologin stopped: Don't know what happened, but we have lost the ability to set a PC to autologin in the AD. I checked my other GPOs to see if there was anything overwriting but can't find anything or I'm overlooking it. The last GPO has the following registry...
  4. Enable autologin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable autologin.: Hello. I turned on Windows auto-login without entering a password using netplwiz, and now I do not have a lock screen after waking up from sleep. That is how it should be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-autologin/b1736be6-66b2-4ddf-8825-fe379d3f1661
  5. Enable autologin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable autologin.: Hello. I turned on Windows auto-login without entering a password using netplwiz, and now I do not have a lock screen after waking up from sleep. That is how it should be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-autologin/b1736be6-66b2-4ddf-8825-fe379d3f1661
  6. Autologin shows login screen in passing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autologin shows login screen in passing: There's my faster computer and there's my slightly slower one. Both are set to auto-login. Strangely enough, during boot-up on the faster one, I see all four of the icons on my old sign-in screen long enough to count them, while on the slower comp, I don't even get a glimmer...
  7. Autologin in Windows10 1809

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologin in Windows10 1809: After upgrade, the autologin does not work anymore, I went to set it again but it asks me for the local account password which I forgot. To reset the local account password, I went to Control Panel > Users but can not see the local account there. From the login screen, it...
  8. Stuck at autologin screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck at autologin screen: So today something weird happened when i launched my PC. At login screen i've noticed that a new account has been made called "Administrator". Wasn't certain if it was made after Win update or something, but i am sure i did not create it myself. I wanted to check out what it...
  9. Autologin screen

Autologin screen: With autologin in system , autologin screen is not choosen one, but randomly. I setup logon screen but during logging that is not choosen picture.I use autologin because I am only user 70057
  10. remove autologin

remove autologin: Dear community, just installed W10, and it looks nice. We are 3 users on my family PC and no password defined on our respective accounts (we don't want it). On Win7 the choice for accounts to log in always appeared at start. Now with Win 10 it always autologs in my...