Windows 10: Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803

Discus and support Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating windows, I tried new timeline feature. It worked for about 2 days. This is a feature of the new Windows features. They work for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803

This is a feature of the new Windows features. They work for a couple of days, and then they stop working.

Just like Edge!

Three computers here: Edge worked for a few days, and then it quit working. Click the icon, and nothing happens. On all three boxes.

Edge seems to get "fixed" with each major update ... only to quit working thereafter. Anyway, that's what happened with 1703 and 1709.

I guess MS fired their software testers ... and hired you to be their QA person! (Tell them "thank you very much!") *Smile

margrave55, Apr 4, 2018
  2. wolfniey Win User

After updating windows, I tried new timeline feature. It worked for about 2 days. I could see my last photos and files. Now, It doesn't work at all - my last working history was on April 17 (I already removed it). I checked my windows settings - everything is on. I tried to re-entry my microsoft account, use local account and even create another microsoft account.

Some interesting information: Timeline works for my iPhone. I tried to use Microsoft Edge on iOS and it works... I can see my last history from phone on the PC. I don't know why PC history doesn't work on my PC.

So:

"Let Windows collect my activities from this PC" is on
    "Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the clouds" is also on
    "Show activities from accounts" contains my 2 accounts and they're both on

Can you help me?

:)

wolfniey, Apr 29, 2018
  3. Problem with Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1709

Actually, it has been thoroughly tested. :-|

MS is done with 1709 and right now 1803 is ready to ship in the March-April 2018 timeline. Other that security issues or minor bug fixes, 1709 is considered done.

Ed Hansberry (work acct), Apr 29, 2018
  4. Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803

How to get MRP on N edition of Windows 10?

Because its a Media related feature. The Media Feature Pack is not yet available for Windows 10 1803 which you running. Usually its not available until a week after launch and Windows 10 1803 is not expected to launch until April 10.

Why not install the non-N version of Windows 1803? Do you live in Europe why you are running Windows 10 1803?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    However you updated, you are running a pre-release Insider version which may explain your problems. Which version do you have? 17133, 17134.1 or 17134.5?

The official release is not available yet - it will be soon...

See: Windows 10 April 2018 Update will be available Monday, April 30 - Windows 10 Forums

6. wolfniey Win User
    wolfniey, Apr 29, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    The official release may change things, there may well be further updates to come. We should know in less than two hours...
    *Arrow Countdown Timer until release

8. wolfniey Win User

Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803

Still, doesn't work

wolfniey, Apr 29, 2018
  9. maxknux Win User
    I have the same issue but it works on my HP Omen Laptop but not on my Microsoft Surface Book (w/ performance base).

maxknux, Apr 29, 2018
  10. DSEKUS Win User
    I was having the same problem and work on trying to fix for several frustrating hours today. Finally, grabbing at straws I turned on "Nearby Sharing" and everything started working.

DSEKUS, Apr 30, 2018
  11. maxknux Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work on my case. I am going to try reverting back and then upgrade again to see if that works.

maxknux, Apr 30, 2018
  12. Same problem.

I have added the registry entries and enabled the settings in Activity settings. At first, the Task View Icon didn't even show up. I had to enable it. Even when it's enabled, there is no timeline on the right hand side, nothing. Any ideas?

sgtnicolai, May 1, 2018
  13. cereberus Win User

It can take a couple of days or so to kick in.

cereberus, May 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Timeline doesn't 1803

2. Timeline not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline not working: I cant see my work history in task view its just got paused. I have checked all the needed settings and permissions are onmaybe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-not-working/a63a9eb8-657d-4b5e-a1a0-af687dd0cb61
  3. Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004: I Want To Clear My Windows Timeline. Previously I used to Get a Clear Button, but now its Not There. Please Provide me A Solution to This. [ATTACH] Below, here you can see Clear Activity History has no Button...
  4. Windows 10 timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 timeline: windows 10 1909 So basically whenever i try to remove the activity history in the timeline.. after a deleting a few history. the screen goes black for a second and comes back on. and when i check the reliability history it says explorer. exe has stopped working. here is...
  5. windows 10 1803 update, brother printer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1803 update, brother printer doesn't work: My printer is brother MFC-7860DW. It doesn't work for my PC, but it works for other computers. So I re-installed the printer diver many times, still not work. This problem is from last Friday, 16 Aug. I didn't change anything before only except the windows update. see the pic...
  6. Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...

Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...: Hi, hoping I may be able to get some help. My two PCs updated yesterday to 1809. One is an HP all-in-one, the other a Surface Pro 2017. I realised that the Timeline functionality had broken, entirely, on both machines. Neither machine was recording my Timeline activity. I...
  7. Windows Timeline not working

Windows Timeline not working: Hello! I have two Windows laptops, and on both of them the timeline feature has stopped working recently. Activities, such as visited webpages etc. are collected, but they are all transparent, and when I click on them nothing happens. Any solutions to this problem? Best...
  8. windows 10 Timeline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 Timeline: Traduit en: Français Afficher l'original Timeline s'affiche mais aucune recherhe precedente s'affiche malgré l'ancrage de l'article lu [ATTACH] Texte d'origine Proposer une meilleure traduction...
  9. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...
  10. QuizUp no longer works in version 1803, Timeline problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QuizUp no longer works in version 1803, Timeline problem: Please advise if anyone else has same problem. Timeline does not work if "index" is disabled 109334

Users found this page by searching for:

1. timeline doesnt work anymore

2. windiws mobile 10 timeline doesnt work

3. win10 timeline doesnt appear 1803

4. timeline doesnt work 1809,
  5. why doesnt timeline work on windows 10 phone,
  6. windows 10 1803 timeline not working,
  7. windows 10 timeline doesnt work anymore