Windows 10: Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...

Discus and support Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When opening an Ofiice file stored in OneDrive by clicking on it in Timeline, the file does not open in the corresponding web or desktop Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M. Jarsky, Jan 3, 2020.

1. M. Jarsky Win User

Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...

When opening an Ofiice file stored in OneDrive by clicking on it in Timeline, the file does not open in the corresponding web or desktop Office Application.

Instead, my browser downloads a read-only copy of the file and presents its usual file download dialog: "Do you want save or open this file."

It doesn't matter which browser is used.

To reiterate, the problem is that Timeline downloads a copy of the file instead ofopening it.

:)

M. Jarsky, Jan 3, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Ro_Turbo Win User
    Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file

My Windows 10 Task viewer (Timeline) suddenly starts showing me links to files on sharepoint instead of the local file which is on my laptop.

The file is on my laptop and synced via Onedrive to O365. After opening a file via the file explorer Timeline shows me the link to the sharepoint enviroment, this opens up a browser so I can download the file. But it's already on my device.

Anyone can help me?

Thnx!

Roderick

Ro_Turbo, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the... - Similar Threads - Timeline downloads copy

2. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  3. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  4. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  5. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  6. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Open Office files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Office files from OneDrive: Hi, I have a user that when they click on a shortcut to a office document or click on a file to a office document that are stored on OneDrive the splash scree shows but then the splash scree goes away and the document doesn't open. I copy one of the files to the temp...
  8. Office files not opening in onedrive

Office files not opening in onedrive: Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please...
  9. Opening files from the Windows Timeline

Opening files from the Windows Timeline: Hello, How do I change the functionality of the Windows Timeline so that when I click on for example a Photoshop File it opens it in Photoshop? At the moment all files (excel, word, photoshop, etc) open up in the web browser which is Chrome in this case. Thanks for your...
  10. Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app

Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app: Ever since 1809, the Windows Timeline feature opens all Office documents that I work on in the web browser, instead of the application locally. Word, Excel, PowerPoint docs all try to open in web. Can the path be changed?...