Windows 10: Timeline empty

Discus and support Timeline empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, started yesterday, usually I have 30 days in my timeline and now it's empty..tried rebuilding the index and that didn't help...search is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Timeline empty

Hey guys, started yesterday, usually I have 30 days in my timeline and now it's empty..tried rebuilding the index and that didn't help...search is working fine, tried logging out and in of my ms account, still nothing..

:)

Steven Campoli, Jul 7, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Timeline empty

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. I have done the steps you mentioned but I can't still see any Microsoft word or excel documents in the timeline.

Dulith Perera, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Timeline empty

1. Timeline empty - Similar Threads - Timeline empty

2. How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?: I have about 60 images of the ellipse. I would like to animate them in Clipchamp. How do I add all of them to the timeline, and how do I set the display to time one second?Peter...
  3. How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?: I have about 60 images of the ellipse. I would like to animate them in Clipchamp. How do I add all of them to the timeline, and how do I set the display to time one second?Peter...
  4. photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application-showing-not-possible-numbers/c3642303-e129-4d66-9702-1df8e2e4a1f5
  5. photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline

photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application-showing-not-possible-numbers/c3642303-e129-4d66-9702-1df8e2e4a1f5
  6. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  7. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  8. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...
  10. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...