Windows 10: Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

Discus and support Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my local Office documents are synced through OneDrive. Timeline (usually) correctly shows my most recently open documents. However, very often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewG38, Oct 8, 2019.

1. AndrewG38 Win User

Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

All of my local Office documents are synced through OneDrive. Timeline (usually) correctly shows my most recently open documents. However, very often instead of a link to the local version of the document, which is the version I am always working on, it provides a link to the online, OneDrive.com version, which opens in the browser. This is clearly the wrong behavior.

Amazingly, this problem does not exist in Android when using Microsoft Launcher's version of Timeline! All listed recently opened files open in their correct applications.

This issue has been brought up at least twice here:

Roy C.Padrick

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...wser-not/b7a2be59-e659-4b15-a59a-a0cbdbed424c

Ro_Turbo

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ad-of-to/f18312d1-4a11-4833-9f98-fd8afcf7793d

There was effectively no response to either one.

I'm hoping to give it another go here. This is a very basic problem which makes Timeline almost useless for me.

Thank you,

Andrew

:)

AndrewG38, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Ro_Turbo Win User

Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file

My Windows 10 Task viewer (Timeline) suddenly starts showing me links to files on sharepoint instead of the local file which is on my laptop.

The file is on my laptop and synced via Onedrive to O365. After opening a file via the file explorer Timeline shows me the link to the sharepoint enviroment, this opens up a browser so I can download the file. But it's already on my device.

Anyone can help me?

Thnx!

Roderick

Ro_Turbo, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Bamby99 Win User
    Office Jump lists contain two links to each file: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

Office Jump lists (I checked Word and Excel) contain two links to each file, when the file was opened locally: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

This is on Win 10, with Office 365. The folder is synched with OneDrive.

Is there a certain setup to control it?

In what folder are the jump lists stored?

Thank you,

Bamby99, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

Point "This PC>Documents" to local file (NOT OneDrive)

When I set up my new Windows 10 machine OneDrive was automatically set up for me. I went along, but have quickly realised I don't want to use it. Now I find that several of the links under "My PC" point to OneDrive folders that I deleted.

I do not want to restore, restart or reconfigure my OneDrive

I want to make all entries under "My PC" link to the folders in my local library (e.g. username/documents or username/images).

How can I do this?

Jetro de Château, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

1. Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file - Similar Threads - Timeline entries local

2. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  3. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  4. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  6. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  7. OneDrive and local file

OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  8. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  9. Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file

Timeline shows links to sharepoint instead of to the local file: My Windows 10 Task viewer (Timeline) suddenly starts showing me links to files on sharepoint instead of the local file which is on my laptop. The file is on my laptop and synced via Onedrive to O365. After opening a file via the file explorer Timeline shows me the link to...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...