Windows 10: Timeline issues...

Discus and support Timeline issues... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Timeline issues...

Hey guys...

My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone.

I rebuilt the index and the same thing...

Any ideas why?

:)

Steven Campoli, Apr 1, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Jake Kahn Win User

Timeline issues...

Privacy issues with People, Contacts, Timeline

Greetings,

I run Windows Anniversary Issue with current cumulative updates on my Asus touch laptop and Lumia 640 phone.

When I run the 'People' app both devices list my contacts. When I choose a contact, the contact's profile is displayed. If I have had any communications with this contact, a 'Timeline' appears listing the emails, messages, but not calendar appointments.

I have been unable to find any way to edit or delete the Timeline entries.

I have searched the forums only to discover years old dialogues stating that 'Timeline' is a feature that cannot be changed.

This is UNACCEPTABLE .

The user should be able to choose whether to use this feature or not.

The user should be able to edit the entries if the features are chosen to be implemented.

The user should be able to delete any and all Timeline entries, without having to delete the contact and profile.

Not being able to delete, edit, or disable the Timeline would be deeply disturbing and and disrespectful of the privacy of the user.

Please tell me how to disable, edit and delete the Timeline entries.

Jake

Jake Kahn, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Timeline issues...

1. Timeline issues... - Similar Threads - Timeline issues

2. How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?: I have about 60 images of the ellipse. I would like to animate them in Clipchamp. How do I add all of them to the timeline, and how do I set the display to time one second?Peter...
  3. How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add multiple images to the timeline in Clipchamp?: I have about 60 images of the ellipse. I would like to animate them in Clipchamp. How do I add all of them to the timeline, and how do I set the display to time one second?Peter...
  4. photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application-showing-not-possible-numbers/c3642303-e129-4d66-9702-1df8e2e4a1f5
  5. photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline

photos application showing not possible numbers and cannot skip using the timeline: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application-showing-not-possible-numbers/c3642303-e129-4d66-9702-1df8e2e4a1f5
  6. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  7. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  8. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Timeline Security Issue: Hi, I am concerned that there is a security issue with Timeline as implemented in Win 10 1803, Local users without admin rights can see timeline activities of Main Admin Account. The scenario goes like this.. Main PC admin account, associated with Microsoft Account (L:...
  10. Timeline issues...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline issues...: Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why? 130019