Windows 10: Timeline issues...

Discus and support Timeline issues... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Timeline issues...

Hey guys...

My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone.

I rebuilt the index and the same thing...

Any ideas why?

:)

Steven Campoli, Apr 1, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Jake Kahn Win User

Timeline issues...

Privacy issues with People, Contacts, Timeline

Greetings,

I run Windows Anniversary Issue with current cumulative updates on my Asus touch laptop and Lumia 640 phone.

When I run the 'People' app both devices list my contacts. When I choose a contact, the contact's profile is displayed. If I have had any communications with this contact, a 'Timeline' appears listing the emails, messages, but not calendar appointments.

I have been unable to find any way to edit or delete the Timeline entries.

I have searched the forums only to discover years old dialogues stating that 'Timeline' is a feature that cannot be changed.

This is UNACCEPTABLE .

The user should be able to choose whether to use this feature or not.

The user should be able to edit the entries if the features are chosen to be implemented.

The user should be able to delete any and all Timeline entries, without having to delete the contact and profile.

Not being able to delete, edit, or disable the Timeline would be deeply disturbing and and disrespectful of the privacy of the user.

Please tell me how to disable, edit and delete the Timeline entries.

Jake

Jake Kahn, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Timeline issues...

1. Timeline issues... - Similar Threads - Timeline issues

2. Timeline animation error - windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline animation error - windows 10 home 64 bit: My timeline interface has the following problem: When i press Windows + Tab to show the timeline interface, it's ok. But when i get back to the application that i was working with ( by swiping 3 fingers downward on the touchpad), during the animation, the application's...
  3. Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files

Task View / Timeline is enabled but won't show recently opened files: Hi, Task View / Timeline is enabled. It shows me my recent MS Edge history. But it won't show me the files I have recently opened. How can I get Task View to show me the recently opened files? I also observed that using File Explorer I am ALSO not able to see my...
  4. Timeline issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline issues...: Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why? 130019
  5. Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device: I have multiple devices either running Windows 10 home Windows 10 Pro, all with the latest updates. I'm using windows timeline with them all and have the following options activated 1. Store my activity on this device 2. Send my activity to microsoft 3. Show activities...
  6. Windows Timeline - 30 days

Windows Timeline - 30 days: Hello, I'm not very tech savvy so please go easy on me. Microsoft states in the below link that if I have "send my activity history to Microsoft" enabled then any documents I save will be sent from my timeline to the microsoft cloud and I would be able to grab it from...
  7. Windows Timeline

Windows Timeline: So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in the timeline. Any...
  8. Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app

Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app: Ever since 1809, the Windows Timeline feature opens all Office documents that I work on in the web browser, instead of the application locally. Word, Excel, PowerPoint docs all try to open in web. Can the path be changed?...
  9. New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline

in Windows 10 News
    New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline: See your browsing activities across all your devices in surfaces like Windows timeline and Microsoft Launcher for Android. With this extension, your browsing history will appear across all your devices in surfaces such as in Windows timeline and Microsoft Launcher for...
  10. Microsoft brings Windows 10 Timeline to Chrome with a new extension

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings Windows 10 Timeline to Chrome with a new extension: Windows 10 Timeline was launched almost one year ago with April 2018 Update and the optional feature allows you to track what documents, web pages you’ve been working on recently. Timeline collects and organizes your activities into a single page, allowing you to quickly pick...