Windows 10: Timeline not working

Discus and support Timeline not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cant see my work history in task view its just got paused. I have checked all the needed settings and permissions are onmaybe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmanKLWx10, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Timeline not working

I cant see my work history in task view its just got paused. I have checked all the needed settings and permissions are onmaybe.

:)

AmanKLWx10, Dec 14, 2020

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Timeline not working

Windows Timeline

So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in
    the timeline. Any suggestions?

WilliamRichard2, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Timeline not working

1. Timeline not working - Similar Threads - Timeline working

2. Premiere Pro Timeline not working or frozen [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Premiere Pro Timeline not working or frozen [Fix]: [IMG]Premiere Pro is the leading video editing tool in the market. It is used not just by professionals but also by amateurs. However, according to some users, Premiere Pro Timeline is not working or is frozen. As per the reports, one can scrub across the timeline but the...
  3. Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working: Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working a day or so back. I've tried all/most of the solutions online - still not remembering anything. Settings page on laptop has identical setup less than older posts online but it works and desktop does not! Any ideas to help...
  4. Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Timeline support for new Edge: The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge is the new big thing in browsers market, and despite the fact that it’s still in beta, it has been downloaded over a million times by Windows and macOS users. Microsoft is open about the development of new Edge and it is also publicly...
  5. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  6. Timeline not working in latest version of windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Timeline not working in latest version of windows 10.: hi there, My timeline is not functioning in windows 10 pc. but when I switched my account to Microsoft launcher then timeline was functioning properly. So what may be the problem ??...
  7. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update: Hello! :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update. Is this a bug from Microsoft? Thanks. 119409
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...

Windows 10 Update 1809 - Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...: Hi, hoping I may be able to get some help. My two PCs updated yesterday to 1809. One is an HP all-in-one, the other a Surface Pro 2017. I realised that the Timeline functionality had broken, entirely, on both machines. Neither machine was recording my Timeline activity. I...
  9. Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...

Syncing of Timeline no longer working and Cloud Clipboard doesn't...: Hi, hoping I may be able to get some help. My two PCs updated yesterday to 1809. One is an HP all-in-one, the other a Surface Pro 2017. I realised that the Timeline functionality had broken, entirely, on both machines. Neither machine was recording my Timeline activity. I...
  10. Windows Timeline not working

Windows Timeline not working: Hello! I have two Windows laptops, and on both of them the timeline feature has stopped working recently. Activities, such as visited webpages etc. are collected, but they are all transparent, and when I click on them nothing happens. Any solutions to this problem? Best...